Subject: Kids game related to running a shop rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan C
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a smart 9yo niece who loves playing "shop" and generally organizing things like that. I've had no luck searching around for games that capture the feel I'm looking for. Most of the economic games are pretty dry and adult. Any ideas?

P.S. In a perfect world she could play with her 6yo brother, but not having that isn't a deal-breaker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
There is that: Made for Trade; with perhaps, some very few similar and best regards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hmm that's a hard one as only know of games for younger ones and someone just bought one for my little one but you literally just walk around buying items from each other's shop etc but even though it says 6-9 it's maybe more for five/six year olds. I think it was called pop to the shops by orchard games.

What about Harbour - that might fit.

Otherwise you might have more luck finding ones abobut building farms and growing selling foods and or maybe city building games with trading and some shops. I have a game about building an amusement park for robots with rides and tickets (Steam Park) and I've even seen one or two about running your own circus and organising acts and selling tickets etc. If you would like to have a few suggestions in that kind of area, I will try and find the names/links for you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Or there's quite a few about running cafes/restaurants type of thing?

Just remembered the circus one was called drum roll and community voted it 10+

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lampeter
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played it, butLemonade Stand looks fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Ooh I just remembered, there was one called Dogs about running a kennel that I was thinking about getting. You go out into the city looking for stray or injured dogs and then taking them back to your kennel whilst managing the kennel in economic terms such as having to buy meds, feeding, going out and buying the petrol for the van, paying salaries etc etc. A girl her age should love this theme. Only problem is you can't get hold of it but they are apparently doing a reprint on kickstarter in feb 17 with shipment due july???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helen L
Australia
Canberra
Australian Capital Territory
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SaggyUK wrote:
Hmm that's a hard one as only know of games for younger ones and someone just bought one for my little one but you literally just walk around buying items from each other's shop etc but even though it says 6-9 it's maybe more for five/six year olds. I think it was called pop to the shops by orchard games.

Orchard Toys - Pop the Shops. For ages 5 - 9 (as stated on my box) and 2 - 4 players. It comes in both the dollar ($) version and the pound version. A 9 year old would not get a lot of use out of it though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.