Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Schelter
Canada
Bracebridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to bring this up again, but ...

A few years ago there was LOTS of discussion about alternate minis from non-CMON sources and which non-CMON minis best matched the art and poses of the official CMON KS exclusive minis. As someone wanting many of the exclusives for play, but not able to afford secondary market prices, and recognizing CMON will not reprint them, I followed these discussions with interest. Many of the minis people showed off looked perfect to me. Even those that were not perfect looked like a solution I could live with. I bought dashboards for the S1 and S2 exclusives - a pack of dashboards only had been available with the S3 KS and I purchased that pack of dashboards. I always intended to buy proxy minis to use with those dashboards. Then, before purchasing proxy minis, I got away from Zombicide. The mini painting I wanted to do was too daunting and I shelved my project.

Now, I would like to move forward with Zombicide again. One BIG problem. Most of the discussions about the "best" proxy minis happened on the zombiesdash forums. Old threads about proxies here on BGG direct people to the zombiesdash forums. And, sadly, those forums no longer exist and the data is lost.

Or is it?

Hence my message here, and my plea. Did anyone collect any information about proxy minis from the Zombiesdash forums into an offline (or alternate, non-Zombiesdash online) location? If so, can it be shared somehow? While I could pore over pages and pages of miniatures from the most likely sources, 1. Why bother if someone has the info available and 2. I may miss a great proxy mini if it is not from a manufacturer I look at.

So, please, if you kept any of the information about the best proxies from the old Zombiesdash discussions, could you share it here.

Or, if you have found proxies yourself separate from the old discussions, which minis are you using?

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley M
United States
Freeport
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Greatest Game Ever
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember some decent old proxy threads that were on here.

http://www.studiominiatures.com

I believe was one of the ones a lot were using for some of them. I think

http://www.hfminis.co.uk/ had some people were using as well.

Good thread for them http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/912462/proxy-survivor-size-c...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waggly Bean
United Kingdom
Walsall
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah it's a pain, I had those proxy threads bookmarked...

Hasslefree has decent Fred, Chuck, Cobra, Eva, Thaissa, Troy, Ivy and potentially Claudia minis.

Studio minis has Nick I believe.

Hope that helps to some degree.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.