Magic Realm» Forums » Rules

Subject: Targeting rider instead of horse rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: mrjr_rsp [+] [View All]
James Dean
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was the Amazon battling Order 1, using Realmspeak. I had a poisoned broadsword so I was not completely nuts. I placed my targeting chit on the rider, and then chose the duck/smash combo for myself. Order 1 did line up with my attack, but his galloping horse went into the charge box. Realmspeak said I missed.

I should have taken a screenshot.

Would RS let me out my target chit on the rider if, in fact, I had no choice but to target the horse?

Is it an optional rule that lets you target the rider separately?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
p55carroll
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Games are like songs: you never get tired of playing the best ones over and over, and you can enjoy them all by yourself.
badge
"Fun I love, but too much fun is of all things the most loathsome. Mirth is better than fun, and happiness is better than mirth." (William Blake)
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the rule is that anytime a character (or NPC) with an active horse is hit in combat, the horse is hit instead. (See 8.4.3k in third edition, for starters.) Gotta kill the horse first before you can get at the rider. And in the case of a warhorse, you've got to get past all that armor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Richardson
United States
Lindsborg
Kansas
flag msg tools
mb
James Dean wrote:
Is it an optional rule that lets you target the rider separately?

Yes. A character can choose to target a rider (instead of the rider's horse) only if you are using the Optional Combat Rules (10.D.3.3).

In the basic game, you can only target a rider's horse. Your attack on the horse could, however, hit the rider if an earlier attack in that round kills the horse before your attack is resolved: if your attack would have hit the (now dead) horse, it hits the rider instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.