$60.00
$20.00
Diana craciun
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As you are aware Foul Play expansion introduced two new Chaos teams (Nurgle & Chaos Dwarves) plus the Goblins.

I like all the above 3 teams. do not get me wrong but do you feel there should have been 3 other teams introduced in this expansion as oppose to
the above 3 teams ?

We already had a chaos team from the base box. We already had Orcs team from the base box. I am fully aware that Goblins and Chaos Dwarves are a must for any Blood Bowl event but in the end if we go by Warhammer fantasy rule books Orcs and Goblins were one faction. Chaos was chaos (Tzeentch, Slannesh, Nurgle, Khorne, Chaos Warriors, Chaos Dwarves)...

Would it not been better to have Lizardmen, Bretonnian, Halflings, Amazons.. just to increase the interest of those people who did not want to play with chaos due to their disbelief in Chaos presence in games (religion)...

When we play BBTM card game we always have difficult time finding people who want to play Chaos in general.

FFG had plenty of time to re print BBTM and its expansions after the production of Foul Play but they did not due to lack of sales.
I wonder if there were other teams would that increase the sales and would give motivation to produce more teams such as Chaos Dwarves, Nurgles and Goblins...

your opinions always means a lot to me.
Diana
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Blood Bowl 4 ever wrote:
I like all the above 3 teams. do not get me wrong but do you feel there should have been 3 other teams introduced in this expansion as oppose to
the above 3 teams ?

Only real staple team missing is the High Elves. Who wouldn't fit into this exp.

Quote:
just to increase the interest of those people who did not want to play with chaos due to their disbelief in Chaos presence in games (religion)...

... shake

Yeah, wrong people, wrong game.

Regarding the underlined part, you have to sorta buy into the BB setting to begin with. Why are they okay with green races, but disbelieve Chaos? Are they stuck with St. Patrick's Day images all the time? Dark Elves should be just as wrong for them, they aren't that far off from Chaos Dwarves in a sense (both races work with Chaos, but also have their battles against Chaos forces).

Quote:
When we play BBTM card game we always have difficult time finding people who want to play Chaos in general.

Chaos, as the force/power or whatever you want to call it, barely shows up in this game to begin with. You could easily call Chaos team Mutant Baddies Basher team. Playing Chaos, it's all about bashing and cheating (tokens, not actual cheating as in against the rules), Euroheads not wanting randomness won't appreciate them for the most part, you're rolling dice and pulling tokens over which you have little control over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An answer I think might be in the insider baseball of the relationship between GW and FFG. The weirdness of it became evident to me when I got Forbidden Stars and instead of getting a Space Marine mini, we got a doofy mound with a flag on it.

But that relationship is now over, so unless GW decides to continue the card game, we are stuck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Scottdale
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would have happily switched out one of the hobgoblins/chaos dwarf teams for Lizardmen, but Goblins are one of the funnest teams in the game. In any case, the teams come from Blood Bowl, not WHFB, and these teams were always distinct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Molleda Garcia
Spain
Carbajal de la Legua
Leon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only reason I got into this game is that they made the Chaos Dwarf team, my favorite ever warhammer race.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.