$30.00
Nick
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had the base game for a few years and haven't made it through a game yet; Mediterranean looks like it has a lot of stuff that should have been in the base game to begin with.

That being said, how much play could I get out of the core set before I'd want to consider getting Mediterranean and the other expansions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
They were originally going to be one game but got split to keep the price down. With the Random Scenario Generstor, you could pretty much play forever, so the question is really, when do you want to play with the additional nationalities?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly, I'm good with USA vs. Germany for a long time. My big interest was the Normandy expansion which looks like it requires Mediterranean.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What Malacandra said, exactly.

Please do start to play and join our group of friendly enthusiasts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sadler
United States
Olney
Maryland
flag msg tools
From the Halls of Montezuma...
badge
...to the Shores of Tripoli...
mbmbmbmbmb
My best friend and I wore out a copy of CC:E before CC:M even existed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mbmbmbmbmb
Vampyur wrote:
Honestly, I'm good with USA vs. Germany for a long time. My big interest was the Normandy expansion which looks like it requires Mediterranean.

It only affects some of the scenarios in the battle pack. See the list here starting at number 46 through 61 - Combat Commander Complete Scenario List (Numerical)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harold Buchanan
United States
RSF
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think CCE holds up very well - it is all I play and I play 20 to 30 games a year. I own and have played the other games but would play the first CCE scenario a thousand more times.

The scenario generator is good as well and has led to many interesting matchups.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Binning
United States
Rollinsville
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The base game is all you really need for years of good gaming. The 1st and 2nd Battle Packs will add much more to the base game before you need Mediterranean.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Pollock
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
...and then there were some of us who were wondering when the Commonwealth troops would be available so they could REALLY start playing. That said, I prefer the RSG in CC: E, because CC: M "broke" the defender's at-start artillery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Love my girls!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
WBRP wrote:
...and then there were some of us who were wondering when the Commonwealth troops would be available so they could REALLY start playing. That said, I prefer the RSG in CC: E, because CC: M "broke" the defender's at-start artillery.

You may have seen this, but here's a thread that talks about what happened with those changes a little bit.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/144183/attacker-never-gets-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Pollock
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup - I participated in that thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.