Subject: Advice for beginners on a new World? [No spoilers please] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Iván Felipe Bañuelos Lamas
Mexico
Jerez
Zacatecas
flag msg tools
First of all: If this goes on another forum, I'll post it there, sorry.

So, after a long time arguing with my friends (mostly about if Risk is a good game to begin with and 2 of them not very akin to the idea of breaking and changing stuff) we managed to get our first copy of Risk Legacy.

We decided to make it a little more interesting however, since everyone payed 20%, the one who names the World takes it home. Yeah, even we put that on the "contract", raising the ante even before we play.

Aside from that, I got a few things that bugs me when I look into the game:
1.- When checking that everything was sealed and/or in place (fearing that some packages or containers were damaged or open due to shipping I took the bullet to be the only one being spoiled, everything is in place) I ran across a package that says "Do not open. Ever." Does it have a condition or can be cracked open at any time? If so, should we wait a few games or open it as soon as game one?
2.- When I researched about the game I find out that there was an extra package in German that contains... Well, more stuff (didn't want to spoil me), should we get one of those?

Generally any advice you would like to give us is really appreciated to enhance the game, heck, we may even add some sort of battle music if we deem it necessary... And that would be all, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Burkley
United States
Hillsborough
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1.- When checking that everything was sealed and/or in place (fearing that some packages or containers were damaged or open due to shipping I took the bullet to be the only one being spoiled, everything is in place) I ran across a package that says "Do not open. Ever." Does it have a condition or can be cracked open at any time? If so, should we wait a few games or open it as soon as game one? The easiest way to say this is: You won't miss what you don't know. Get a few games under your belt, experience what opening a new pack feels like, and then have a group discussion about opening that pack that "shouldn't" be opened.
2.- When I researched about the game I find out that there was an extra package in German that contains... Well, more stuff (didn't want to spoil me), should we get one of those? Same advice: You won't miss what you don't know. One of the players purchased this to toss into the game, which we opened on game 10. It's not a "must have", but it does toss another wrinkle into the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There have been several issues with the big pouches. So check the contents when you open them. they might be swapped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mexico
Jerez
Zacatecas
flag msg tools
Thanks for the advice

We discussed that earlier today and we decided to wait about that mysterious package for some games.
As for the bonus one the brother of one of my friends (who is not really into board games) said he could print and seal the English translation of it if we wanted, so we'll put it in.

We'll gather later today to play our firsts games. Hopefully they'll be tons of fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mexico
Jerez
Zacatecas
flag msg tools
Is there any way to know they are swapped without opening them? If there's not, how do we know is the right one? ... Wait, that might be a spoiler... Oh dear... robot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
short version.... you can't know unless you can see the components. But the method of unlocking should match what's inside.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Krüger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
marhawkman wrote:
short version.... you can't know unless you can see the components. But the method of unlocking should match what's inside.

Once you open one of the big packets, you will find that it contains...

Spoiler (click to reveal)
plastic pieces. The orange ones should be in the 3 missiles packet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klure Junior
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
Essssssss Teeeeee EYE!
badge
My Dog Abi
mbmbmbmbmb
Choose your rewards wisely, the first handful of games go quickly so it might not become really clear right away what the rewards will get you, but think about them and plan your next couple of games to revolve around those decisions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.