Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Fix
United States
Sterling Hts
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you look at the Quick Start Guide printed on BGG, it says the Green Crystals have value 1, Orange 2 and Red 3. This would affect VPs (instead of 1VP per Crystal in Region, you would get 1VP per Green Crystal, 2VP per Orange Crystal, and 3VP per Red Crystal), as opposed to the rulebook which states 1VP per Crystal?

Any help here? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Gass
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If you had a five dollar bill would you consider yourself to have one dollar or five dollars? The colors of crystals are just ways of making change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Ferguson
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rlfix wrote:
If you look at the Quick Start Guide printed on BGG, it says the Green Crystals have value 1, Orange 2 and Red 3. This would affect VPs (instead of 1VP per Crystal in Region, you would get 1VP per Green Crystal, 2VP per Orange Crystal, and 3VP per Red Crystal), as opposed to the rulebook which states 1VP per Crystal?

Any help here? Thanks.

Firstly, BGG is wrong, try reading the actual rule book (specifically page 2), not something that someone has posted on a forum. Green = 1vp, Yellow = 3vp and Red = 5vp. If you have a red and green crystal in a region that equals 6vp. The manual assumes that people will account for the fact that a red is equal to 5 green crystals. Maybe they should have been more specific.

Also if the at anytime the game tells you to place a crystal, it is meaning a single green crystal. If it states place 3 crystals, it can either be 3 green or one yellow crystal, not any colour of the players choosing. So not 3 red crystals, which would actually equals 15 green crystals.

Hope that clears things up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Fix
United States
Sterling Hts
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification. I did see the different values on page 2. Since I had not looked at every card in the game, I was not sure if the crystals were placed on the board by number of crystals or by color of crystals. I just got the game and was looking thru the different guides, Q&As, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.