Hide
19 Posts

Mythic Battles: Pantheon» Forums » General

Subject: What are you waiting for? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Morris
msg tools
I have never posted on boardgamegeek, and while I have backed many kick starters I have never gone out of my way to promote any of them.

In this case I feel compelled.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/806316071/mythic-battle...

I can't overstate the value of this Kickstarter campaign. If there is anyone sitting on the fence I encourage you to back this campaign. Not only is the gameplay solid, and the miniatures excellent, I can genuinely say that the people creating this product have their hearts in the right place!

You can tell the passion from Leo, Quickworthy, and the rest of the team, The communication has been A+, and they have done everything to make sure that they could bend over backwards to encourage our participation, and have changed elements of the game based on that feedback. They have also learned from previous campaigns of their sister company have did many months of preparations, with many plastic models fully realized, and not just in concept stages, so I feel confident that the project will be on time.

Not only am I going to back at the Typhon "All in" level, but I will also get another God Pledge as there are some extra components I want, and I think I will easily be able to recoup much of the cost just by selling off some components from the extra god pledge.

To the Mythic team, you not only have a all-in backer for this campaign, but you have EARNED a lifetime backer on any future products.
I encourage people reading this to join if you have not already, and for those that have, I think a 2nd God pledge is in your best interest.

There are 5 days left, don't kick yourself later for not joining in on this amazing game!

Here is looking to a strong finish and continued success in the Mythic battles: Pantheon Franchise! (Yes there are going to be more "seasons" so make sure you are in on the ground floor!)

You are in a good place!

Sincerely,

Joshua Morris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dupont Vincent
France
flag msg tools

Just to be certain :

https://www.facebook.com/MythicBattles/videos/12560665577931...

have Fun
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: What are you waiting for?c.
While the base pledge looks to be good value in terms of "stuff", so too are a crapload of other minis-heavy kickstarters. Deep Madness, basically every CMoN Kickstarter, The Edge etc., I mean, just wait a few weeks and you'll see another.

This game is a minis KS in a sea of minis KS (that doesn't mean it isn't a good game btw).

There's only so many minis games you can buy before you realise (1) you're spending a fortune on KS, (2) you've got more games than you know how to fit on your four extra-large bookcases, and (3) you can't even get many of your existing games to the table once a month let alone exhaust the content for a game.

Also -- specific to MB as it is the game in question -- they've gone a bit nuts with add-ons, and, unfortunately, opted to bundle a small KSE with just about every one of them. So unless you don't mind never having the option of getting some bits post-KS, you're spending near 500 bucks on this thing.

Also, KD:M launched just over 24 hours ago and hit 4.3M last time I checked.

For me personally, I like the look of MB but i don't need another game system. So I might get a base pledge and then figure out how I'll fit even that...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nik San
msg tools
mb
guardianvince wrote:

Thanks for the video and suggestion in the first post. I am on the fence as its quite an expensive game!

Just to be clear, quite a few miniatures shown on the video are coloured, but I read some where that the miniatures to be supplied with the game will be in grey plastic. Can someone confirm?

Also, if they are in grey plastic, any stretch goal to have them in colour when we finally get the product?

Or coloured miniatures will be only in the retail box!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Verheij
msg tools
mbmb
The miniatures will be grey and unpainted yes.

Personally I might look for someone who can paint them for me since I have no faith in my own ability in it.

As for what I am waiting for, waiting for my credit card to arrive, because its not possible to pledge in another way.

Initially I waited because I wanted to finish the first draft of my first book, and I am someone who needs deadlines. Only when finished with the first draft would I allow myself to pledge to this game so that I had good motivation.
Finished the first draft yesterday, I still had two and a half chapter to go when I found this kickstarter a week and a half ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Thornton
United Kingdom
Wallsend
Tyne and Wear
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
@Nik San - the $99 core box comes with a huge stack of extra stuff in the Kickstarter, which triples the mini content. That seems like a pretty good deal to me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also think the campaign is run really, really well. It's a joy to follow.

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt K
msg tools
"Remember, your game collection isn’t too big - it’s your house that’s too small."

-Voice of Olympus
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Love the look of it, but I want a bit more info on solo.

I have KDM, and I'm eyeing the developments of 1.5; I've just backed The Edge: Dawnfall - specifically as they've forgrounded the solo variant; I'm likey to go in for Deep Madness.

I have lots of good minis games... but one that only pays lip-service to solo/co-op is a tougher auto buy. It's why I left Conan, as good as it looks.

Plus, without going nuts for expansions, I'm finding the map options limited.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Y.
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geoff wrote:
While the base pledge looks to be good value in terms of "stuff", so too are a crapload of other minis-heavy kickstarters. Deep Madness, basically every CMoN Kickstarter, The Edge etc., I mean, just wait a few weeks and you'll see another.

This game is a minis KS in a sea of minis KS (that doesn't mean it isn't a good game btw).

There are loads of great minis games out there.

But this one has excellent rules and plays extremely well. I've played the original so many times and LOVE it. I've never had a bad or boring game of Mythic Battles. The new one improves on everything and has great minis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Y.
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
repairmanjack wrote:

I have KDM, and I'm eyeing the developments of 1.5; I've just backed The Edge: Dawnfall - specifically as they've forgrounded the solo variant; I'm likey to go in for Deep Madness.

I have lots of good minis games... but one that only pays lip-service to solo/co-op is a tougher auto buy. It's why I left Conan, as good as it looks.

As much as I personally love MB, it's important to call a spade a spade. This is a VS wargame. It will play best with 2+ players. The solo rules will govern a specific scenario and, while I'm certain will be fun, it is not the intended focus of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarimrune wrote:
repairmanjack wrote:

As much as I personally love MB, it's important to call a spade a spade. This is a VS wargame. It will play best with 2+ players. The solo rules will govern a specific scenario and, while I'm certain will be fun, it is not the intended focus of the game.

Aye, I agree. I'll only ever play KDM solo, so it isn't an issue. This, I'll have an occassional opponent for, but likely not enough to justify the spend. But I do really like what I'm seeing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L S
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also backing this project, and I can only agree with the praise in this thread, both for the game itself and for the team that runs the campaign.

One thing I'd like to emphasize besides all the other good stuff that has been said so far is the game's theme. Not only do I like Greek mythology as such, which is admittedly a rather personal preference, but as a long-time gamer (30+ years and counting), I think the value of mythological themes is really undervaluated in regard to what's arguably one of the most important features of a game:

I can get MBP to the table - anytime, anywhere.

Because it's about mythology. Everybody knows something about Greek mythology, and even though not everybody is into it as much as I am, I have yet to meet a person with an aversion to mythological themes. In contrast to that, some of my friends don't like the horror genre, others aren't into scifi or high fantasy, there's always at least one person who thinks that a particular historical period is boring, or that Cyberpunk looks stupid, or (as is the case with me) who doesn't like the style of anime and manga. But I have honestly never heard the phrase "No, I don't want to play Shadows over Camelot because I don't like the legend of King Arthur", or "Ragnarök sounds boring, I don't want to try Blood Rage."

So, just to take up the running conversation: In contrast to KDM, MBP isn't well-suited for solo play. However, also in contrast to KDM, where I could think of maybe two other persons who I might be able to convince to even give it a try, I won't have any problems finding other players to join me for a game of MBP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emivaldo Sousa
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Most of those minis kickstarter focus too heavily on minis and forget about gameplay.

All CMON products are poorly tested in my opinion (with the possible exception of Erice Lang games, but even then...) and the tons of stuff they add are sometimes not even used. Or underused, like minis that stays on the board for one second to never be seen again.

Conan completely lost focus in my opinion and should have invested much more in scenarios - more of them and more varied ones.

KDM is its own thing. A very complex way of doing simple things with more personality than gameplay (which, is not necessarily a bad thing).

Mythic Battles has a great gameplay foundation and the minis ARE the game. All of the minis carry an important gameplay element and some of them really deliver on the visuals too.

If you do not like skirmish miniature games and prefer dungeon crawls or solo time sinks (which I do find interesting too), I understand the lack of interest.

If you do like skirmish games, however, this is probably one of the best ever, with great value, great people supporting it, commitment to testing, a battle system that mitigates bad luck. And although I could use a few more maps, it is really not the focus of the game. New maps should really come with expansions, because in order to make a difference they have to add some new rules to the terrain (lava, rivers, sea battles and so on).

My two cents, anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit VOGT
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
designer
mb
jinxx1971 wrote:
I have never posted on boardgamegeek, and while I have backed many kick starters I have never gone out of my way to promote any of them.

In this case I feel compelled.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/806316071/mythic-battle...

I can't overstate the value of this Kickstarter campaign. If there is anyone sitting on the fence I encourage you to back this campaign. Not only is the gameplay solid, and the miniatures excellent, I can genuinely say that the people creating this product have their hearts in the right place!

You can tell the passion from Leo, Quickworthy, and the rest of the team, The communication has been A+, and they have done everything to make sure that they could bend over backwards to encourage our participation, and have changed elements of the game based on that feedback. They have also learned from previous campaigns of their sister company have did many months of preparations, with many plastic models fully realized, and not just in concept stages, so I feel confident that the project will be on time.

Not only am I going to back at the Typhon "All in" level, but I will also get another God Pledge as there are some extra components I want, and I think I will easily be able to recoup much of the cost just by selling off some components from the extra god pledge.

To the Mythic team, you not only have a all-in backer for this campaign, but you have EARNED a lifetime backer on any future products.
I encourage people reading this to join if you have not already, and for those that have, I think a 2nd God pledge is in your best interest.

There are 5 days left, don't kick yourself later for not joining in on this amazing game!

Here is looking to a strong finish and continued success in the Mythic battles: Pantheon Franchise! (Yes there are going to be more "seasons" so make sure you are in on the ground floor!)

You are in a good place!

Sincerely,

Joshua Morris

Thank you very much Josh. This extremely nice to read. We sincerely appreciate your support. We will do all what we can in order to be worth your compliments Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Avelar
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geoff wrote:

There's only so many minis games you can buy before you realise (1) you're spending a fortune on KS, (2) you've got more games than you know how to fit on your four extra-large bookcases, and (3) you can't even get many of your existing games to the table once a month let alone exhaust the content for a game.

Also, KD:M launched just over 24 hours ago and hit 4.3M last time I checked.

For me personally, I like the look of MB but i don't need another game system. So I might get a base pledge and then figure out how I'll fit even that...

I agree coming from someone who backed The Others: 7 Sins and few other way too many minis games. I really think this game is a little different and here is why. This game has a campaign style game in it, but it isn't its main focus. I have noticed that it is much harder to get campaign style games that like Shadows of Brimstone to the table. This having skirmishing and campaigns that only require 2 people make it easier to hit the table.

I also agree getting to all the other content is very hard. and that is why I will not be backing everything. Backing the game, the compendium and probably one expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Never backed a kickstarter before, but after reading up on this - I think I will give it a go. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emivaldo Sousa
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dorb wrote:
Never done backed a kickstarter before, but after reading up on this - I think I will give it a go. Thanks.

If you do it, you will be in a good place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lester Festertester
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am waiting for A confirmation of Canadian friendly shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.