Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Russon
New Zealand
Auckland
Northcote Point
flag msg tools
Hi all,

We came perilously close to running out of the money cubes when playing a two player game which makes us think we've been paying ourselves too much.

As we understand it...

You start off with a TR of 20. This then makes up your basic income + production at the end of each generation.

As your TR goes up, does your basic income match it? e.g. TR 55 + production?

Also, when counting up your cities at the end, do the event tiles count as cities too? e.g. lava flows, moholes etc.

Thanks in advance,

Steve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If you're running out of cubes, then you probably are doing something wrong. My first guess would be that you're going through generations too quickly and es. During a generation, players go back and forth doing 1 or 2 actions until both pass and do no actions on their turn. Thus in a given generation, it could be that each player will eventually be doing 8-10 actions/generation, not just 2.

In end game scoring, only cities are cities. Mohole etc. are just additional tiles that only provide whatever points that the card that created them provides.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Russon
New Zealand
Auckland
Northcote Point
flag msg tools
Thanks. Oh! I see...

We've been limiting ourselves to two actions each a generation which means we rattle through our go and stockpile the credits!

Have a got the basic rule for TR right though:

Is it:

1) Your current TR = generation income PLUS production

OR is it

2) Basic income = 20 + Production and MC extra production

Thanks again,

Steve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Treacher
United Kingdom
Moorlinch
Somerset
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your TR should always be 20 plus the TR increases that you've gained (from cards, and from increasing the three global parameters).

e.g. You have laid down one ocean and one greenery tile, and nothing else has changed your setup. Your TR should now be 20+1+1 = 22

and

Each generation during the production phase you should receive money cubes equal to your current TR + your M€ production.
e.g. You have a TR of 22 and M€ production of 3: you should receive 25M€ of cubes in the production phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Russon
New Zealand
Auckland
Northcote Point
flag msg tools
Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg D.
Germany
Höxter
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you are not alone:

Terraforming Mars HELP PLZ!
2 actions per generation.
So many megacredits!
Rule Question, re Actions in a Generation
I only used 2 actions every generation!!! Argh!!
First play through and it doesn't feel right, what am I doing wrong?
Did we break it?
First Play - Stalled
Suggested change in the rulebook

(I'm sure I don't have collected all relevant threads...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin M
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fluxx wrote:

No, I think there are about 350 more threads concerning this subject...

cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Zarate-Sanderlin
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
A man, a plan, a canal, Panama!
mbmbmbmbmb
At this point, is there an FAQ for the common blunders?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Stückl
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
jofezasa wrote:

Not yet.
I did consider working on one though (and then making sure it gets pinned, somehow).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bastinator1 wrote:
jofezasa wrote:

Not yet.
I did consider working on one though (and then making sure it gets pinned, somehow).

A number of other games have FAQs created as wiki pages for example Power Grid FAQ, there being a link to it in the community wiki section of the game page, although that is not so obvious now that that section is not shown in the game page overview.

Having the FAQ as a wiki has the advantage that anyone can edit the page, so not relying on one person to keep it up to date.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Perez
United States
Terrell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jofezasa wrote:

An FAQ with a single entry would seemingly clear up about 95% of what people get wrong in this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mokey D Luffy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Surge1000 wrote:
jofezasa wrote:

An FAQ with a single entry would seemingly clear up about 95% of what people get wrong in this game.

That is what I was thinking as well. I have posted a couple random questions, pretty much just to make sure I had it correct, and I usually have. As much as I disliked the layout of the instructions, all of the things you can do are relatively simple, and seem to be covered.

The most common mistake, which is close to the only mistake, would probably be the only necessary line in the FAQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.