GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,995 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » General

Subject: Most Wanted expansion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Bos
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Has anyone used the Most Wanted expansion (miniatures) to add ships to the Rebels?

Are there cards that can be used for the rebels in the box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sure you can, though Y-wings and Z-95's arent often included in tournament lists. you would need some rebel pilot cards (and corresponding ship token) for them from another product to play them as rebels.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Bos
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply. I don't play in tournaments, just looking to add some ships, and wanted to know if I could use the ships for Rebels instead of Scum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
RedShirtRob wrote:
Thanks for the reply. I don't play in tournaments, just looking to add some ships, and wanted to know if I could use the ships for Rebels instead of Scum.

For casual games:

Play however you like The minis are perfectly fine as rebel minis, but you'll need to proxy pilot cards, and the ship tokens will have the wrong colors (scum instead of rebel) and names.

For tournaments anyway:

There are no pilot cards for rebels in the box. For tournaments, you'll need pilot cards, which you only get from the rebel Z-95 and Y-Wing expansions.

The miniatures are the same as the rebel ones with a different paint job, and it's tournament legal to use the Y-Wings and Z-95 from Most Wanted as rebel miniatures.

There are other upgrades in Most Wanted, too - namely, BTL-A4 Y-wing and Bomb Loadout - where Most Wanted is the only source for the upgrade cards and it's absolutely possible and viable to use the cards with rebel Y-Wings, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swampy Crocker
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
haslo wrote:
RedShirtRob wrote:

For casual games:

Play however you like The minis are perfectly fine as rebel minis, but you'll need to proxy pilot cards, and the ship tokens will have the wrong colors (scum instead of rebel) and names.

For tournaments anyway:

There are no pilot cards for rebels in the box. For tournaments, you'll need pilot cards, which you only get from the rebel Z-95 and Y-Wing expansions.

The miniatures are the same as the rebel ones with a different paint job, and it's tournament legal to use the Y-Wings and Z-95 from Most Wanted as rebel miniatures.

There are other upgrades in Most Wanted, too - namely, BTL-A4 Y-wing and Bomb Loadout - where Most Wanted is the only source for the upgrade cards and it's absolutely possible and viable to use the cards with rebel Y-Wings, too.

To take this a step further - the y-wings in most wanted (excluding the named) are the same as the Rebel ones, just with different names. Statlines and pilot skill did not change for the generics, only going from astromech to salvaged astromech (presumably to prevent R2-D2 from being scummy, but it has allowed more freedom in scum ship design).

The Z-95s lost a pilot skill to gain an illicot, but that was the only change there.

As stated above, in casual do what you want, in tourneys you have to conform to the rules. If you want the exact same ship cards you can print out Rebel versions for home play. The key is to just have fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Bos
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Awesome.. thanks everyone. I was hoping to get some extra minis and Most Wanted seemed like a good way to get 3 of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.