Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Shockley
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say:

"Victory is determined by whether the US/ARVN player controlled at least 3 regions for a majority of the game including the last turn."

Does this mean:

A) the US player must control at least 3 regions after the last turn (ie when the game ends) to win, or

B) the last turn can count as one of the turns scored (ie it counts towards the necessary number to win but is not necessary in order to win.)

Thanks ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Shockley
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is bad form, but I'm going to give my own question a bump here, as it's a big distinction.

If you do in fact have to control 3 regions at game end, it makes it much much more difficult, as by that time you're generally holding on for dear life, never mind trying to keep 3 regions clear (not sure how it's even possible since you have no way to attack the ho chi minh trail after turn 12!)

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kling
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for the tardy reply- been busy with a historical book and a backlog of game ideas. You have to have a majority but also have to have 3 controlled on the last turn too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Shockley
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Steve--

Thanks!! I understand now how that can be done. After more plays using the advanced rules, I see that in a way, the game gets easier towards the end insofar as you have access to the cheaper air cav and armor (ie the ARVN units.) Of course, you also have only 6 PP a turn and no way to attack the trail, so there is that.

Great job developing the SE rules. I'm really liking them !!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.