Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
miles
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What are people planning to use to transport their teams and pitch? I'm considering the Battlefoam P.A.C.K. C4 bag. It's the right length and width to fit the pitch inside when folded up. I'd to see what others are thinking though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Patton
United States
Myrtle Creek
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm either going to cannibalize a GW foam tray (that came with their older cases) or try video tape boxes and foam that I have left after I sold my Dreadball stuff off. The VHS boxes may not be deep enough to accommodate these 30+mm bases on the new models, though. I'm using the original box to transport the games contents otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Groll
Germany
Marburg
Hessen
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
For the smaller minis of the older edition I use small Feldherr cases that each can hold a team comfortably. With these new, larger models I think I will need to think about something else. I don't have my copy yet, but maybe the box itself could be used for a custom insert? If not, I am quite happy with the KR multicase system...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Patton
United States
Myrtle Creek
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just saw that Battlefoam appears to be selling a foam insert for the game's box (it looks like it's the new edition). I've had good success with their other products for GW games including AoS, Silver Tower, and Deathwatch Overkill.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Groll
Germany
Marburg
Hessen
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds like a great idea - if you only want to store the two starter teams in the box. In my opinion Battlefoam wastes too much space and I am sure that it will be possible to store the two teams plus some additional players (more Blitzers, Starplayers) or even a third team (Skaven) in the original game box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan R
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
I need storage for Orks, humanz, Skaven, Ogre/Snots, Dwarves, chaos, halflings.....

You get the idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
For people who really get into the miniature painting and storage thing, a really excellent system is magnetic storage, using sheets of metal (not aluminum!) glued to plastic trays and applying real earth magnets inside the bases of the models.

No need for foam, they won't move in transit unless, I suppose, if you dropped them - but maybe not even then. I'm trying to find something that can hold two teams + cards + reference materials + rulebook.

If/when I locate such a solution, I'll come back and post. (I'm always looking for ideas, so anyone else please do the same!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
Vroomer wrote:
I need storage for Orks, humanz, Skaven, Ogre/Snots, Dwarves, chaos, halflings.....

You get the idea.

If you will need to haul them all around with you, these are pretty nice, if you magnetize your bases and use metal, or you can just line the compartments with foam from a sewing store:

Storage - Plano Stow N Go:

Foam - JoAnne Fabric - Heavy Duty - 0.5" x 24" x 90" - $16:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Groll
Germany
Marburg
Hessen
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If Plano boxes just weren't so damn ugly...
I like the idea of magetizing everything.

KR Multicase has 32 different tray configurations for BloodBowl (and Elfball and Deathball), but currently they are still for 25mm bases. I guess in a few weeks/months they will have updated trays custom made for the larger models.

They look like this one:
https://www.krmulticase.com/product/traysets/FFB-BB-A?m=FFB

And you can mix and match and fill one of their very affordable cardboard boxes or their metal cases or their carrying systems:
https://www.krmulticase.com/cases

I use them for Sails of glory, Wings of Glory and Firestorm Armada and are quite happy with them.

Feldherr also has BloodBowl specific products:
https://www.feldherr.com/fuer/blood-bowl/
And the neat thing about their cases is that they also have very small one - just large enough for one team (though maybe without a big guy)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Bedang
msg tools
FortyRock
badge
Beware of Rocks from above
mbmbmbmbmb
cmontgo2 wrote:
If/when I locate such a solution, I'll come back and post. (I'm always looking for ideas, so anyone else please do the same!)

I like the idea of the magnets. Two thoughts:

1) Would a Plano 3650 (which is half the box width and 1 3/4") accomodate the figures, with the rest on the side or on top?

2) I'm contemplating a box made to fit, lined with foam, that if stood on its side would resemble a LEGO minifigure case. Each "shelf" would have metal to secure the figures in the row, and foam on top and bottom provide some protection from shock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I cart my Imperial Assault figures around in egg cartons padded with plastic shopping bags, and was planning to do something similar with the Blood Bowl minis too. At least until they release models that are too big.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking something like this -- could hold 2 teams, dice, cards, rules on top, it's cheap. Looks like it would be easy to glue metal pieces to the bottom of the compartments. But the compartments are fixed, not able to be changed. Ideally, for magnetized models, just long trenches with a metal plate are better . . . but it's an option. It's not as clear that the rules can fit in the lid of this, either:

This one is probably a bit better - modifiable compartments, space for everything, and most likely, the rules can fit in the box much better than the previous one.

Still mulling.

On the upside, my Blood Bowl arrived yesterday, I washed, rinsed, and dried the models. I cut out the game tools and I think I'm going to start with the Human team first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lajaro wrote:
cmontgo2 wrote:

I like the idea of the magnets. Two thoughts:

1) Would a Plano 3650 (which is half the box width and 1 3/4") accomodate the figures, with the rest on the side or on top?

Looks like it would accommodate the base game figures. Not sure about the "big guys" - they haven't been released, yet. But 1.75 inches is 42mm - it'll be a tight fit, probably don't want to have your figures with arms raised over their heads.

Quote:
2) I'm contemplating a box made to fit, lined with foam, that if stood on its side would resemble a LEGO minifigure case. Each "shelf" would have metal to secure the figures in the row, and foam on top and bottom provide some protection from shock.

Interesting. Would like to see pics if you end up trying this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Böhnemann
Germany
flag msg tools
For now I am just keeping the minis in the box on top of the seperation sheet, with the bases tucked under the side of that. They will move, but since i painted them with Quickshade there shouldn't be any damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.