Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Champions of Midgard» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Erwin Chan
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Apologies if these have been asked already - tried to do a search but couldn't find answers.

1. If you run out of one type of dice and you need more (Assign a worker on the appropriate space, refill the space between rounds, etc.) are you just SOL?

2. When you send extra food on a journey and it doesn't get used, does it come back? I figure it does since warriors and private ships come back.

3. If all of your warriors die, does your private ship return or is it lost forever?

4. If you send an axeman on a journey when the enemy doesn't allow axemen, do they automatically die, or are they just not allowed to take part in combat (they stay on the ship and return home)?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gear02 wrote:
Apologies if these have been asked already - tried to do a search but couldn't find answers.

1. If you run out of one type of dice and you need more (Assign a worker on the appropriate space, refill the space between rounds, etc.) are you just SOL?

Just SOL...The warrior dice are finite.

gear02 wrote:
2. When you send extra food on a journey and it doesn't get used, does it come back? I figure it does since warriors and private ships come back.
Nope, food is perishable and doesn't come back.

gear02 wrote:
3. If all of your warriors die, does your private ship return or is it lost forever?
Returns, you never lose your private ship.

gear02 wrote:
4. If you send an axeman on a journey when the enemy doesn't allow axemen, do they automatically die, or are they just not allowed to take part in combat (they stay on the ship and return home)?
They can't be used in combat and return home. They're useful for sucking up losses due to whirlpools or other hazards.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
gear02 wrote:
4. If you send an axeman on a journey when the enemy doesn't allow axemen, do they automatically die, or are they just not allowed to take part in combat (they stay on the ship and return home)?
They can't be used in combat and return home. They're useful for sucking up losses due to whirlpools or other hazards.


If warriors of a prohibited type are sent against an enemy, they are destroyed before the first round of combat. They do not return home.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin M
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
PJH01 wrote:

If warriors of a prohibited type are sent against an enemy, they are destroyed before the first round of combat. They do not return home.


This is the correct answer. Please refer to Page 9 of the 3rd printing rulebook.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
You could be playing.
badge
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
gear02 wrote:
Apologies if these have been asked already - tried to do a search but couldn't find answers.

1. If you run out of one type of dice and you need more (Assign a worker on the appropriate space, refill the space between rounds, etc.) are you just SOL?

Just SOL...The warrior dice are finite.

gear02 wrote:
2. When you send extra food on a journey and it doesn't get used, does it come back? I figure it does since warriors and private ships come back.
Nope, food is perishable and doesn't come back.

gear02 wrote:
3. If all of your warriors die, does your private ship return or is it lost forever?
Returns, you never lose your private ship.

gear02 wrote:
4. If you send an axeman on a journey when the enemy doesn't allow axemen, do they automatically die, or are they just not allowed to take part in combat (they stay on the ship and return home)?
They can't be used in combat and return home. They're useful for sucking up losses due to whirlpools or other hazards.


Thanks for the thorough answer Jason! The last point has been corrected already by others below (and thanks to them too!)

I tell people that symbol doesn't really mean "this warrior can't fight here" instead it means "this monster eats this die type for breakfast" so they are in fact instantly destroyed upon beginning combat.

Feel free to seat them on the rail during journeys, but don't bother sending them to the draugr.

Thanks for playing our game!

-Josh
Grey Fox Games
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.