Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Descent: The Sea of Blood» Forums » General

Subject: Low, Low Price rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Logan Wolf
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
I'm just curious why the price of this expansion is so low at the moment. I quickly snatched it up for around $13 off Amazon. Never played my copy of Descent, but I was glad to get ahold of at least one expansion.

I noticed reviews for Sea of Blood weren't as good as the others, and it doesn't work with Road to Legend. Is that why?

Thanks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Grace
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Skunk992 wrote:
I'm just curious why the price of this expansion is so low at the moment. I quickly snatched it up for around $13 off Amazon. Never played my copy of Descent, but I was glad to get ahold of at least one expansion.

I noticed reviews for Sea of Blood weren't as good as the others, and it doesn't work with Road to Legend. Is that why?

Thanks.


You overpaid. It's broken.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Tuijp
Netherlands
Volendam
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
krztoff wrote:
Skunk992 wrote:
I'm just curious why the price of this expansion is so low at the moment. I quickly snatched it up for around $13 off Amazon. Never played my copy of Descent, but I was glad to get ahold of at least one expansion.

I noticed reviews for Sea of Blood weren't as good as the others, and it doesn't work with Road to Legend. Is that why?

Thanks.


You overpaid. It's broken.


No, he hasn't. The SoB dungeons are a lot more diverse than the RtL ones and can be used in either of the Advanced Campaigns.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you actually did overpay. It's 5 dollars in the FFG holiday sale.

Kidding aside, you get some great stuff in this expansion, and if you take a look at some of the house rules in the forums here, you can have a boatload of fun (see what I did there?).

I think neither of the campaign expansions should be taken too seriously as competitive games. Take your party of heroes for an epic adventure and enjoy the ride.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Well? Am I?
badge
Don't Blink.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Biggest reason is that this was the last expansion and along with the fact that it is the most controversial, it just never sold well (as evidenced by the fact that FFG STILL has some in stock). The ship rules aren't the most solid, but the campaign itself isn't bad...just different than Road to Legend. In fact, I picked this up prior to RtL and thought it was more interesting. The levels themselves are still solid.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I love this expansion. Has some of the most creative dungeons and the ship-to-ship rules are really fun. Wish ship combat came up more often.

-shnar
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Vazquez
United States
Norman
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Celtic Joker wrote:
I think you actually did overpay. It's 5 dollars in the FFG holiday sale.


Wow, for $5 I think I would have purchased it just for the boats and maps, which I imagine I can use in my D&D campaigns. Does it come with minis? I have the conversion kit for 2nd edition, so any of the old plastic is useful to me.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.