Coburg
Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
FIS Franconian Gaming Club
badge
History teacher at work
mbmbmbmbmb
I might need a bit of clarification on how commando elimination in connection to operation failure works.
It says in the rules that an operation fails when "all commandos have been eliminated" (p.13).
P.14 says that when a commando is eliminated, I "pick a random selected commando card among the cards remaining in the game box" - and later it says that when I run out of cards in the game box, I can shuffle the discarded/eliminated commandos and draw again. So it sounds as if I can never run out of commandos.
And then there's paragraph 3 - "when a new terrain is set up after a commando's elimination, the player that was in control may order a new commando to enter the terrain"

So, I understand it the following way (using an example):
I play the first part of an operation with 4 commandos. Two of them are eliminated. I am not allowed to "spawn" a new commando right away, so at least one of my two remaining commandos has to complete the mission and get out alive.
Then I set up the next terrain(s) and that's the moment when I am allowed to fill the ranks of my commandos to 4 again - and theses four have to accomplish the next step of the operation.
Right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sr Perro
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is the way I understand it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud de la Touanne
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You can find the failure conditions on page 13 (top right : Operation failure).

When a commando is eliminated, the players picks a new commando but this commando can only enter on a terrain set up after commandos' elimination see p. 14 (bottom right). That means that the remaining commandos have to complete terrain(s) in order to set up a new terrain.

So yes, you did it right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.