Adam Porter
Wales
Cardiff
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say that Jon Snow, Shae and Gendry cannot be killed. Does this just mean that they can't be killed when they are in a player's play area?

Can Jaqen kill one of these if they are "available companions" which have not yet been chosen?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hayashida
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't have an official answer, but we said that they could not be killed regardless of where they were.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Porter
Wales
Cardiff
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
chayashida wrote:
I don't have an official answer, but we said that they could not be killed regardless of where they were.


It's a sensible interpretation because that's the "rules as written". But my gut instinct is that it wasn't intended that way! I'm probably wrong, but Mr Cathala is usually very quick to offer official answers on these forums so thought I'd ask!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spider Jerusalem
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Adam78 wrote:
chayashida wrote:
I don't have an official answer, but we said that they could not be killed regardless of where they were.


It's a sensible interpretation because that's the "rules as written". But my gut instinct is that it wasn't intended that way! I'm probably wrong, but Mr Cathala is usually very quick to offer official answers on these forums so thought I'd ask!


I agree and I've been going with your interpretation too: fair game when one of the "available companions", but safe when active in a player's area.

My reasoning is that no other companions are able to target 'active' companions.
I could be wrong, though, and the rule applies in both scenarios.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno cathala
France
st pierre en faucigny
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everybody !

Sorry for coming late on this topic, but i was far from home these last days

I agree that this sentence is confusing !!
It has been added late in the rule book

It just means that Shae, Gentry and Snow are safe... after being activated !!!

But if they still are un the companion card line, for sur they can be killed !!

Sorry for this confusion.
14 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mohnkern
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruno des Montagnes wrote:
Hello everybody !

Sorry for coming late on this topic, but i was far from home these last days

I agree that this sentence is confusing !!
It has been added late in the rule book

It just means that Shae, Gentry and Snow are safe... after being activated !!!

But if they still are un the companion card line, for sur they can be killed !!

Sorry for this confusion.


I was kind of surprised that the only place this rule appears is in the rulebook (I'd expect some indicator on the card of this ability).

Scott
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Molly Glover
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There's an FAQ up now!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Flaherty
Italy
Nanto
Vicenza
flag msg tools
Loves eurogames, but social deduction games are cool too!
badge
Venice Carnivale 2015 (best costume seen)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a FAQ with info like this--if so where is it?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.