Mythic Battles: Pantheon» Forums » General

Subject: "Age of Mythology" anyone? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nimrod Breger
Germany
Dusseldorf
flag msg tools
I don't know how many of you are also PC gamers, but long time ago there was an awesome PC game called "Age of Mythology": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_Mythology
And today I realized how much this board game reminds me of it! And how awesome it would be if we actually had "Mythic Battles: Egypt" or other ancient mythologies from around the world!
I would defiantly select Ra as my god followed by the hero Anubis, I'd take the mighty Sphinx as my monster and probably an army of Giant Scarabs.

Damn... This could be so awesome...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark keedwell
United Kingdom
weston super mare
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
that would be great idea but we would might nead ip from the video company
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Verheij
msg tools
mbmb
Could be neat if they could get permission to get Arkantos in as an extra hero, he was created for that game and seems to fit quite well into the world of mythology.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renaud Verlaque
United States
Shelter Island Heights
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Age of Mythology was adapted into a board game by Eagle Games several years back. There's also an Osprey set of miniature rules for skirmish fights involving Gods, heroes, monsters and humans from different pantheons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nimrod Breger
Germany
Dusseldorf
flag msg tools
Well, the idea is not to create the PC game as a board game.
But to add more mythological units/environments to Mythic Battles, so it won't be just "Mythic Battles: Pantheon", but will actually be "Mythic Battles" and will have units from many different kind of mythologies
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit VOGT
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Mogron272 wrote:
I don't know how many of you are also PC gamers, but long time ago there was an awesome PC game called "Age of Mythology": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_Mythology
And today I realized how much this board game reminds me of it! And how awesome it would be if we actually had "Mythic Battles: Egypt" or other ancient mythologies from around the world!
I would defiantly select Ra as my god followed by the hero Anubis, I'd take the mighty Sphinx as my monster and probably an army of Giant Scarabs.

Damn... This could be so awesome...

Never played this one… I think I heard about it but this was not one source of inspiration for the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L S
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Age of Mythology was actually a pretty good video game. While it wasn't received as well as the icons of its genre (Starcraft, Warcraft, Age of Empires, C&C), it was leaps and bounds ahead of the majority of unoriginal Age of Empires-clones that were released during this "golden age" of RTS games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Verheij
msg tools
mbmb
It's a good game, I could recommend it to anyone, especially for those who enjoy mythology it's a must have.

The campaign is also pretty good. The main one at least. Greek, egyptian and norse mythology are all put to great use and I really liked Arkantos. Chiron and Ajax get good roles in the story as well.

The expansion adds the atlanteans, who worship the titans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Frag
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Love this game and still play it. It has some popularity on Steam still today. I actually also own the board game. Really it's glorified rock-paper-scissors (which can be fun). Unfortunately, the board game is a bit unforgiving. Once you fall behind, you are destined to suffer defeat by 1000 cuts... No catch-up mechanism... It can be painful to be that guy...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.