Subject: New family members and rooms rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Erik Johnson
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mb

So, earlier today my friends and I had a bit of a heated debate about building rooms and using the family growth space (round 5).

Doug argues he can place his worker on the round 5 space, provided he gets the room built before the Returning Home Phase. (If someone blocks him from getting the room built, he doesn't get a new worker.)

Scott and Erik argue that you can't even use the space unless you already have a room built for the new family member. I think this clarification text in the bubble from Uwe cinches the argument for Scott & Erik (page 4, wide bubble, below "Family Planning and Housing", third sentence): "Your people require room in your house even when they aren't home because they have been placed on action spaces!"

Doug asks: "Who's side are you on, anyway?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
Nothing happens for a reason, but everything happens by a mechanism
badge
Nitrogen Conservation Awareness: I pee in the yard
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice try, but Doug is wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sören Paukstadt
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Just to clarify a little more:

1) The rules specifically say you have to carry out the action of that action space you use immediately. In case of space 5 this means you gain one family member immediately.

2) The rules also say (as Erik already wrote): "Your people require room in your house even when they aren't home because they have been placed on action spaces!"

So, if you use "Family Growth" you immediately gain one family member which has to have a room "[...]even when he isn't home[...]".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.