Subject: Release schedule now that the base game is out? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David SL
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello all,

I know at this point my question really only leads to pure speculation, but I know there are a lot of seasoned Blood Bowl players on here so thought I'd go for educated guesses.

With the base set now released and enthusiasm for BB at an all time high, I would imagine that GW would want to release teams fairly quickly so that people can get playing (with the official miniatures, most importantly for them!). So what are people expecting their release schedule to be? As someone eagerly awaiting the dwarf team (I decided to go for a race before even seeing the minis as I always liked them back in my Warhammer days but never collected them), I'm expecting most likely a January release for them. But does this mean we could be waiting a whole year or longer for every team to become available? I know with GW this wouldn't be surprising or unreasonable, but because of the nature of this game with leagues and tournaments I would expect maybe a slightly different schedule of releases of the base teams, with blister packs to follow?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Nors Jensen
Denmark
Kokkedal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think we will see all the season 1 teams within a few months. Maybe 2 teams a month from January. Might take 1-1,5 years for all 21 teams.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, don't forget the release schedule (maybe through Forge World?) of blister packs for the Star Players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slev Sleddeddan
United Kingdom
Victoria Park
Manchester
flag msg tools
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
badge
Don't you open that trapdoor!
mbmbmbmbmb
What we KNOW:
They have claimed an "aggressive" release schedule is the play for Season One;
They have several packs of extra cards ready to go;
Pics have been seen of the Dwarf minis, but not of other unreleased teams;
GW companies are typically light on releases during December;
Winter pitch is out 09/12/2016, with pre-orders 02/12/2016;
Season One includes eleven Star Players and 9 Teams (3 released).

Consensus in my local community:
Dwarves will be the next team out;
Likely around two to four minis releases a month (no more than two teams);
Star Players in Forgeworld resin;
Probably the ability to buy additional player sprues from Direct Sales, to bulk out your teams;
A dice set with each team released;
Coaching Staff, Inducement minis, etc in Forgeworld Resin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.