$35.00
Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
26 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: WE NEED A MODERATOR: Forum Rules, Read before post, stop duplicate posting, some order! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Awaited King
msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't know if this forum is moderated or not, but if it is could one of the moderators just put some ground rules and maybe add some kind of sticky post for nebwies, thats anwears most questions?

Right now it seems like everyday there 5 topics created and all of them have questions about KS, pledges, why is this game fun, what are "12 original expansions" or why is this game so expensive.

There are also duplicated topics everyday - like 2 about HC rulebook today, but this is just an example. Basically it's getting harder and harder to read through forums everyday.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Meenachan
United States
Delray Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
KILLER QUEEN: BITES THE DUST!
badge
ShaRog Master Race
mbmbmbmbmb
There are BGG moderators, but they don't police the general gaming threads like that. They only intervene when threads are off-topic or someone is being offensive or belligerent.

It is definitely a pet peeve of mine. People come to the game page and don't take a single moment to see if someone else asked their question / brought up their topic. What can you do. I hate to say it, but that's one of the benefits of Reddit and how those posts are filtered.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JAn
Australia
Noble Park
Victoria
flag msg tools
mb
I was very tempted to post a duplicate of this thread.

Seems it's too hard for people to do a search. One of the things I love about BGG is the trove of information, but every duplicate thread dilutes that value.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Awaited King
msg tools
mbmbmb
So there is no way to create some kind of FAQ and stick it to the top of the page?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corporal Joe Bauers
United States
flag msg tools
No matter games or life
badge
Honesty over everything
mbmbmb
kurczaczekx wrote:
So there is no way to create some kind of FAQ and stick it to the top of the page?
There is, do it yourself and if it's good enough it can get stickied.

This kickstarter ignites passion so don't assume people will read the FAQ though.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonny x
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The pains of being number one on the hotness.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
London
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kurczaczekx wrote:
I don't know if this forum is moderated or not, but if it is could one of the moderators just put some ground rules and maybe add some kind of sticky post for nebwies, thats anwears most questions?

Right now it seems like everyday there 5 topics created and all of them have questions about KS, pledges, why is this game fun, what are "12 original expansions" or why is this game so expensive.

There are also duplicated topics everyday - like 2 about HC rulebook today, but this is just an example. Basically it's getting harder and harder to read through forums everyday.


everyday? really, as of your post the campaign has only been live 28 hours! there are $1666 pledge levels with currently no justification for their price, only speculation that they will be worth it and limited chances to hop on them. so yeah, people are going to be excited and want answers before they commit to a mortgage payment (or two) before pledging and they're going to want those answers fast so as not to lose their place in line. saddly what is happening is those spots are being grabbed up by people nit certain about anything other than 1) you can cancel free anytime before the pm closes and 2) they are eb's, so the bigger risk is to not pledge and miss out.

tldr: people want answers before committing to that much money, if you don't approve of a post flag it and move on our help the guy out and redirect to where the question has already been answered/answer it for them
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sid Rain
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It's a 45 day campaign. For about a month and half or whatever we'll get a bunch of posts from people who should & could be doing reading on their own, but can't be bothered to. Then things will quiet back down again. The easiest thing to do to get those kinds of Threads off your Subscription page? Just hit 'mark read' and poof, it's gone.

Pretty sure there is someone monitoring the KDM thread anyways because I had a General post some months back that was removed for saying that a computer game had a similar theme/feeling (though different gaming genre) to Kingdom Death. It was flagged as 'off-topic'. Apparently though, KDM is such a one-of-a-kind snowflake and above such lowly comparisons.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corporal Joe Bauers
United States
flag msg tools
No matter games or life
badge
Honesty over everything
mbmbmb
With an attitude like that, I'm sure your unbiased perspective is what really happened. whistle
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Awaited King
msg tools
mbmbmb
madaxer wrote:
kurczaczekx wrote:
I don't know if this forum is moderated or not, but if it is could one of the moderators just put some ground rules and maybe add some kind of sticky post for nebwies, thats anwears most questions?

Right now it seems like everyday there 5 topics created and all of them have questions about KS, pledges, why is this game fun, what are "12 original expansions" or why is this game so expensive.

There are also duplicated topics everyday - like 2 about HC rulebook today, but this is just an example. Basically it's getting harder and harder to read through forums everyday.


everyday? really, as of your post the campaign has only been live 28 hours! there are $1666 pledge levels with currently no justification for their price, only speculation that they will be worth it and limited chances to hop on them. so yeah, people are going to be excited and want answers before they commit to a mortgage payment (or two) before pledging and they're going to want those answers fast so as not to lose their place in line. saddly what is happening is those spots are being grabbed up by people nit certain about anything other than 1) you can cancel free anytime before the pm closes and 2) they are eb's, so the bigger risk is to not pledge and miss out.

tldr: people want answers before committing to that much money, if you don't approve of a post flag it and move on our help the guy out and redirect to where the question has already been answered/answer it for them



Everyday, because it's been happening for a few days before KS lunch now and VERY OFTEN people as question that was asked like a few hours ago and the thead is in the first half of the 1st forum page. WTF? Are you new to the Interent and you don't know it's rude to post duplicate threads in any given forum?

And besides asking other gamers if they can read Poots mind and know what will be added to the campaign is crazy. No one except him and his close collaborators knows this and no one is asking anyone to pledge $1666. You don't ave to pledge anything.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guilly Berto
United States
flag msg tools
The biggest problem in my opinion is the lack of a search box for a particular forum. I usually scan the first page (I think this is what 50 threads) for one that looks similar prior to posting. Then I use Google, which often works quite well. I literally just type "bgg "my question"", and if a thread exists with something relevant in the title it often finds it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
Guillyberto wrote:
The biggest problem in my opinion is the lack of a search box for a particular forum. I usually scan the first page (I think this is what 50 threads) for one that looks similar prior to posting. Then I use Google, which often works quite well. I literally just type "bgg "my question"", and if a thread exists with something relevant in the title it often finds it.


There is a search function for the forums - it's the little magnifying glass next to where it says "Forums."
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff M
United States
Lafayette
California
flag msg tools
mb
As long as gripes are being aired....
threads titled "I have a question..." are less then helpful, especially when trying to look up something. shake
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Meenachan
United States
Delray Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
KILLER QUEEN: BITES THE DUST!
badge
ShaRog Master Race
mbmbmbmbmb
Lowden025 wrote:
As long as gripes are being aired....
threads titled "I have a question..." are less then helpful, especially when trying to look up something. shake


The worst. Those people are literally Hitler.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Awaited King
msg tools
mbmbmb
TheKillShirt wrote:
Lowden025 wrote:
As long as gripes are being aired....
threads titled "I have a question..." are less then helpful, especially when trying to look up something. shake


The worst. Those people are literally Hitler.


They should be sent as hunting party against Legendary Butcher.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
Guillyberto wrote:
The biggest problem in my opinion is the lack of a search box for a particular forum. I usually scan the first page (I think this is what 50 threads) for one that looks similar prior to posting. Then I use Google, which often works quite well. I literally just type "bgg "my question"", and if a thread exists with something relevant in the title it often finds it.


There is a search function for the forums - it's the little magnifying glass next to where it says "Forums."


The bgg search function is horrible. I literally use google to search the bgg domain to find threads instead of bgg's own search functionality.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
malkaven wrote:
The pains of being number one on the hotness.

Hahaha. This.

I believe everyone should have fully expected this anytime a Kickstarter hits on top of being on the hotness list.

Some veteran users unsubscribe for the time being. I think my sucription to this forum has 50 hits an hour ever since Kickstarter launched.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You forgot the posts about the 2020 delivery date. I am pretty sure I have seen that mentioned in more distinct threads than anything else.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hestiansun wrote:
The bgg search function is horrible. I literally use google to search the bgg domain to find threads instead of bgg's own search functionality.
Pro-tip: Put "-re" at the end of your search and you will only get one result per thread max. It is really good for weeding out numerous repeats from the same thread.

Google may still be better, but that had made search here substantially more functional for me.
4 
 Thumb up
2.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ras2124 wrote:
hestiansun wrote:
The bgg search function is horrible. I literally use google to search the bgg domain to find threads instead of bgg's own search functionality.
Pro-tip: Put "-re" at the end of your search and you will only get one result per thread max. It is really good for weeding out numerous repeats from the same thread.

Google may still be better, but that had made search here substantially more functional for me.


This is the single greatest tip I have ever found about finding information on this site. Have some GG sir!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pro tip: don't open duplicate threads and they will annoy you much less.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Proprietor and Chairman Emeritus of The Naughty Palace
mb
I have a question...

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Racer
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
Specialized Extracurricular Execution Squad
badge
Still this pulsing night. A plague I call a heartbeat. Just be still with me. Ya wouldn't believe what I've been thru ...
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
I have a question...


Now you're just knit picking.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Racer
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
Specialized Extracurricular Execution Squad
badge
Still this pulsing night. A plague I call a heartbeat. Just be still with me. Ya wouldn't believe what I've been thru ...
mbmbmbmbmb
Lowden025 wrote:
As long as gripes are being aired....
threads titled "I have a question..." are less then helpful, especially when trying to look up something. shake

A few years ago some users were doing a grass roots type of things to get folks to clean up their post subjects for this reason (and rewarding geek gold when they did). I don't think it worked.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IA Seldon
msg tools
mb
If they ever let us have a moderator: I vote we make Fen do it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.