Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Pflug
Germany
Schwäbisch Gmünd
Baden Würtemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello people of the lantern!
This is my FAQ to the Kingdom Death: Monster Kickstarter 1.5.
I will update this FAQ at least once a day, until the campaign is over, and on an irregular basis, until the games are in everyone's hands.

General Stuff:

This link shows all the comments the creator Adam Poots wrote in the KS:
https://www.kickstarter.com/profile/poots/comments

This is another helpful resource: http://vibrantlantern.com/KDM15/
Check out vibrant lantern, it's an awesome website!

The user Blaine French did a great painting tutorial, especially for Kingdom Death: Monster. This is aimed for beginner painters, everybody can do it! Give it a try!
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1553402/kdm-painting-tutori...

1. What is KD:M 1.5?

-It's a revised version of the original core game.

2. What's new in version 1.5?

There are some error fixes in the rulebook and on a few cards.
And more changes are being announced during the KS:

- New Epilogue (+1 Story Event) 1 full page illustration & 2 rule book pages
- $200k: New fighting Art - Synchronized Attack
- $300k: Oxidized Lantern Weapons
- $500k: Hardcover rulebook
- $600k: Updated game insert
- $700k: overhauled hunt table and young survivor
- $800k: improved innovation art tree
- $900k: screaming antelope tweaks
- $1M: improved innovation music tree
- $1.5M: Bone club and old survivor
- Secret change: Gold Smoke Knight (+1 New Monster) 1 Gold Smoke Knight miniature, 50 game cards & 2 story events

3. Are my old game and expansions compatible with the new game?

-Yes! Everything is 100% compatible.

4. Why is this game so expensive?

-This game has a ton of components, and they are of very high quality!
The production cost of the game is very high.
Also this game took a lot of time to develop and play test, because of the massive amount of stuff in the base game.

5. How many miniatures are included in the base game?

-There are 8 Monsters and 37 survivors in the base game.

Here is a list of the miniatures:

-White Lion
-Screaming Antelope
-Butcher
-Phoenix
-King's Man
-The Hand
-The Watcher
-Golden Smoke Knight

-4 Starting Survivors
-4 Unarmored Kit
-4 Rawhide Kit
-4 Leather Kit
-5 Lion Kit
-4 Screaming Fur Kit
-4 Phoenix Kit
-4 Lantern Kit
-2 Intimacy couple
-young girl and old man

6. What are those pin ups?

-They are models for collectors and painters. They are inspired by the KD theme, but not directly linked to the game KD:M.

Still some of the pin ups and promos do come with cards, but those are often only fun gimmicks, not balanced for the game.

Here is a list which of them contains gameplay material:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1682664/list-non-game-figur...

7. Do I need any of the expansions? How long does the core game campaign go?

-The campaign lasts up to 30 lantern years (game sessions), each lasting from 1 to three hours. But your settlement could be wiped completely in the middle of the campaign, bringing you back to zero.
Also there are so much random events, armors to try, and innovations to research, that you can play several campaigns, that will evolve in completely different ways.
You don't need any of the add on monsters, but they can spice things up, if you don't want to fight the same monsters again, after a campaign or two.

8. shipping 2020 wtf?!

-This game ships in waves. You don't get everything at once.
The base game, and th upgrade packs for 1.0 will ship in summer 2017! Sp this is when you can start playing! The rest will ship later with approximately 9 months between waves.

9. Can I buy an extra base game for my friend?

- This one changed again.

You can buy extra core games for 300$, which is still 25% cheaper than retail.
Keep in mind that every core game will be shipped alone, so you will have to pay shipping for each core game individually.

10. I heard this can be played with 6 players. Is it easier that way?

There is a 5-6 player variant in the rulebook. Actually this only makes the game even harder. XD

11. Can you recommend a play through video?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ncW3pZFA_nM
Check this one (and the following year two) out. They explain very well what the game is about, and how it works. Also it has a very high production quality.

12. How can I add add ons to my pledge?

-Go to the kickstarter page and click on the manage pledge button. Add the cost of all the add ons to your pledge.
Later in the pledge manager, you will be able to select what exactly the money you pledged is spent on.

13. Does my pledge include the base game?

-The following pledges include the game: Black Friday Lantern Lantern Black Friday Gold Lantern Gold Lantern Ancient Gold Lantern Black Friday Gambler’s Lantern 2nd Face Retail Lantern (6 copies), all Satan’s Lantern, god frogdog

14. What's the 1.5 Update pack?

-This is for people who already have the old base game.
This only adds the new stuff, and exchanges what has been rebalanced.

15. 4 million already? What's with the stretch goals?

- Everything from the 1.5 new edition change log and the gamblers chest has been unlocked almost instantaneously. The stretch goals still will be revealed slowly over the campaign, to keep every day exciting.

16. What is included in the satans lantern pledge?

Kingdom Death: Monster core game 1.5 edition
Gambler’s Chest packed with some much TBD!!!

All pinup miniatures revealed during this campaign.
All promo miniatures revealed during this campaign.
All expansions revealed during this campaign.
Satan Tshirt (design TBD)
Pinups of Death Series 1 (show me)

All 12 current Kingdom Death: Monster expansions:
Flower Knight Expansion, Dragon King Expansion, Manhunter Expansion, Gorm Expansion, Lion Knight Expansion, Dung Beetle Knight Expansion, Spidicules Expansion, Sunstalker Expansion Lion God Expansion, Slenderman Expansion ,Lonely Tree Expansion, Green Knight Expansion

All Pinups & Promos from last kickstarter in high-quality hard plastic:
Anna & Adam Explorers of Death KS Exclusive, Pinup Dragon Sacrifice, Pinup Lantern Festival. Pinup Leather Queen, Pinup Lioness, Pinup Phoenix Dancer, Pinup Primal Huntress, Pinup Rawhide Dame, Pinup Regeneration Suit, Pinup Silk Assassin w/ unique base Insert, Pinup Sunstalker Dancer, Pinup Twilight Witch, Pinup Reversal, Allison The Twilight Knight (yes the new one in the shiny white box).

Messenger of Courage w/ unique insert, Messenger of Humanity w/ unique insert, Messenger of the First Story, Messenger of the Spiral Path, Holiday White Speaker Nico, Beyond the Wall (yes the new version in the shiny white box).

This does not include any gifts or the Survivor Level reward. These were neither promos or pinups. This also excludes crossover miniatures as I am not the IP holder of these figures.

Here are some things that shouldn't be included, because they are not Pinups or Promos that I am throwing in anyway:

- Aya the Survivor
- Paul the Survivor
- Twilight Knight
- Snow the Savior

Also the Satan twins will be included in all Satan pledges.

Crossovers are NOT included!
That is:

- LY3 Candy & Cola 20$
- The zombicide crossover 20$
- Hyper light drifter 20$
- Pathfinder crossover 60$

Also the add ons aren't included

- Extra Rulebook 40$
- Dice pack 18$
- plastic game board 100$
- stone face base inserts 20$

17. Will there be a translation of the game?

-Unfortunately this game will only be produced in english.

18. Will the minis ship pre built?

No. The miniatures are high end hard plastic. They come in spruces and unpainted. They need to be assembled before you can start playing.

19. What's the cracks on the figures in the kickstarter video?

The minis in the kickstarter video got a paint job, to make them look like stone statues. The minis in the game will be unpainted, unassembled grey plastic.

Here is a tutorial from the original painter:
http://blackhandpainting.blogspot.ca/2016/11/kingdom-death-s...

20. Is this kickstarter EU friendly?

Yes! All pledges in europe will be shipped from germany, so most EU countries can save some import taxes.

21. Will the update cards be flush with the current deck of cards?

Yes! Quote by Adam Poots:

"the manufacturer has assured me that we will match everything up. We are using the same die (the tool to cut the cards from their sheets), so the size of the cards will be exactly the same. The BGG community is most likely talking about the cards from our white box single releases, which are done short run locally and not en mass in china."

22. Will there be sleeves for the game?

Another quote from Poots:

"we have sleeves for our standard cards and gear cards in the works. I'll see if we can extend it to the settlement events and locations too. "

23. Can I run more than one campaign simultaneously?

Yes, it's no problem to run multiple campaigns at the same time.
All your progress is "saved" on the character and settlement sheets.
There are also very good fan made sheets here on BGG for download, that make it even easier.

24. Will there ever be a non-miniature version of the game?

Quote by Poots:

" I deeply appreciate and respect your desire for a miniature less version of Kingdom Death: Monster. At this time, i personally have no interest in pursing such a project. To me, the miniatures are an essential part of the storytelling that is the game experience. Thank you in advance for understanding."

25. What's the gamblers chest? What's included?

The gamblers chest is part of some of the pledge levels, but can also be bought as an add ok.
The gamblers chest will cost 150$.
If you have a gamblers pledge, the first gamblers chest you add will only cost 100$.

If you want more than one gamblers chest, every GC you add after the first will cost 150$. That's also true for all pledge levels that include the GC. If you want more, you'll have to pay 150$.

The gamblers chest contains 30 items, which are revealed over the course of the Kickstarter campaign. Most of them are tiny expansions to the game, that add some small new mechanics and content. A nemesis monster has been unlocked, that will be included in each gamblers chest.
Some of it is yet to be revealed.

Almost daily Adam will roll some dice on a table. The outcome of the dice roll will determine what's unlocked next.

26. Will there be changes to the reprints of the old expansions (Dragon King...)?

They will be mostly the same. Some errors will be fixed.

The only bigger difference so far is, that the lion knight now comes with 4 survivor role figures. They don't affect gameplay in any way.

27. Should I get this, if I don't like mature content, or if I am easily offended by it?

No, you should rather skip this game. This is a very mature game. There is nudity, genitalia, violence and gore everywhere. It's on the miniatures, on the cards and in the rule book. It's a part of the game experience, and you won't be able to play the game without looking at it.

28. Can I add some stuff later in the pledge manager?

This one changed recently with a statement by Adam:

"We urge you to support our Kickstarter campaign, during it's duration, not afterwards. While we hope to accommodate everyones needs as best as we can, our current focus is the Kickstarter campaign and not post campaign details. Thanks in advance for understanding."

29. Is there any compiled info on the old expansions? Which are recommended the most?

Most people say that the dragon King is the best expansion. It adds a ton of stuff. There are actually two new bosses in this box. One of them is a Nemesis, that can only be fought in the people of the stars alternate campaign, that also comes with the dragon king.

The Dragon King and the sunstalker are the biggest expansions. they both add a completely new campaign, but can also be implemented in the standard campaign.

The Gorm is a great first expansion, because he can be fought in the early game, so he will bring a lot of variety into the game, especially if you have fought the white lion a hundred times.

The Dung Beetle Knight is a harder enemy for the late game, but a very well made one. He is poots favourite, and comes with a lot of content for the buck. Also highly recommended.

The flower knight also adds a new campaign, but not as fleshed out as the sunstalker or dragon king's. You won't fight the flower knight more than 1 to 2 times in each campaign. Still a great monster. Also this is one that makes the game easier, because it allows you to craft the strongest bow weapon in the game.

The lion knight is a interesting and quite different Nemesis fight. It also brings three new mixed armor sets to the game.

The lion god is a really hard late game Nemesis. I would only recommend him, if you already have some other monsters, or really love the model. If you also get the The first hero expansion, he will see a lot more play.
This is the only expansion so far, that got an expansion (silver city).

The Spidicules is a big quarry that replaces the antilope in the campaign. He is often rated bad, because the huge model is fiddly to play with.

The slenderman and the man hunter are also two nemesis monsters. The slender man also replaces another nemesis. The slender man expansion is very dark and has some cool mechanics, and the man hunter is very brutal and violent.

The lonely tree is the least interesting expansion. It replaces the tree terrain token, but also can be fought alone, or show up with other monsters, to change things up a bit, but you rarely see him .

The green armor expansion only adds a new armor set, that is very hard to get, but also very powerful. It needs parts from many different monsters to build.

This one has a lot more detail, but also contains spoilers! https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1532135/expansion-summaries...

30. What's the current value of my pledge? Is it worth it?

There's a great thread, listing all the content included in the various pledge levels, with their values. It even tells me how much of it is gameplay related! Check it out!

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1678957/includes-update-6-1...

31. How much will I have to pay for shipping?

Shipping will be in waves. You will be charged for the shipping when each wave ships. The amount you'll have to pay depends on what you pledge for.

Wave 1 - Estimated Delivery Summer 2017

Core Game / 1.4 Update Pack
United States... $25 / $10
European Union... $40 / $20
Canada... $30 / $15
Australia... $40 / $20
Rest of World... $100 / $30

Wave 2 - Estimated Delivery Spring 2018
Gambler's Box, Promo and cross-over figures
United States... $20 + $2 per Add on
European Union... $20 + $2 per Add on
Canada... $20 + $2 per Add on
Australia... $20 + $2 per Add on
Rest of World... $30 + $2 per Add on

Wave 3 - Estimated Delivery Spring 2019
New Expansions
United States... $15 + $5 per additional expansion
European Union... $15 + $5 per additional expansion
Canada... $15 + $5 per additional expansion
Australia... $15 + $5 per additional expansion
Rest of World... $30 + $5 per additional expansion

Wave 4 & Beyond - Estimated Delivery Winter 2020
???
Poots: "Even I don't know for 100% what may happen during this campaign."

Please note that the contents and prices of each wave are estimates and are subject to change depending on the final size of this campaign.

32. What are narrative sculptures?

Normally all of the parts of each armor set can be interchanged. The narrative sculptures like the 4 starting survivors, or those that come with some of the new monsters, or from the gamblers chest do have a fixed configuration instead.
This allows for more dynamic poses, and armor designes that wouldn't work otherwise (like the heavy fur coats o the nightmare ram armor).

33. Are there any limits to combining armor parts from different armor sets?

You mostly can switch the parts from different sets, and build what your have in your inventory, but there are three things that limit armor building:

- The legs and hips are one part, and cannot be interchanged without heavy modding. So your survivor models will always have legs and hips from the same armor set.
- So far, some of the new armor sets are only available as narrative sculptures, which means they cannot be interchanged with others.
- The rules allow you to build as many of the same part as you want. However, the game only comes with three of each gear card, so you won't be able to give all 4 survivors the same weapon, or the same armor part, although the plastic models do come with 4 o each armor part.
You would have to use post it's, or print your own cards for this.

So no complete WYSIWYG. Keep in mind that the models don't have to 100% represent the gear they actually have.

34. Will I be able to change my pledge level/ add more money in the pledge manager after the campaign ends?

It has not been confirmed yet, if this is possible.
If you want to be sure, add the money before the end of the KS campaign!

35. What's the difference between the satan pledges and the god frogdog pledge?

They are both all in pledges, that contain everything but the crossovers.
The difference is the limited satan t-shirt, that only comes with the satan pledges. The god frogdog comes with the frogdog t-shirt, which can be bought by anyone as an add on for 25$.

36. Do I really need all the new expansions for the inverted mountain campaign?

Yes, the Inverted Mountain campaign will require all the listed expansions to use:

-Frogdog
-Oblivion Mosquito
- Black Knight
- Red Witches
- Nightmare Ram
-Pariah
-Gryphon

Also the silver city expansion can't be played without the lion god expansion.

37. Are delays to be expected?

Sadly, we will most likely have some big delays coming.
The core games were already in production before the KS started, but there are only 10.000 copies made
Because of the higher demand, there will be a need for another print run.

We don't know if poots will ship the first 10.000 once they're done, or wait with delivery, until every backer will get their game.

So this could lead to some delays for those who joined the KS late, or delay the entire Wave 1.

38. When will the pledge manager open?

The pledge manager will launch february 14th 2017.

39. What can I do if I missed the KS? Can I late pledge KDM?

There are more copies in production than the amount that was pledged for. That means you can preorder/order your copy from the Kingdom Death online store. However you will have to pay full retail price.

It's unlikely that there will be a late pledge option, because the delivery of wave 1 already got delayed by the high demand. Allowing more people to join the KS could lead to more delays.

Tell me what else I should add to the FAQ!

Thank you!
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Nice.
I would add pretty much everything that's in the campaign page's FAQ to make it comprehensive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc
United States
Howell
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mb
This is helpful. I've added update 4 for you. This was asked a lot.

My own question however is - the pinups that Poots is starting to reveal - they are +15 so they are not stretch goals that are given for this kickstarter - just unlocked and they aren't necessary to the game? I can see the base at 300.00 but if all the unlocks are +15 or so this could get really expensive and decisions will have to be made:

UPDATE 4:

Satan's Lantern Pledge Levels

Lot's of questions regarding what this level includes. What I posted in the comment section is wrong (sorry!) I can't include crossover miniatures in this bundle as I am not the only IP holder for them. Here is exactly whats included:

Kingdom Death: Monster core game 1.5 edition
Gambler’s Chest packed with some much TBD!!!

All pinup miniatures revealed during this campaign.
All promo miniatures revealed during this campaign.
All expansions revealed during this campaign.
Satan Tshirt (design TBD)
Pinups of Death Series 1 (show me)

All 12 current Kingdom Death: Monster expansions:
Flower Knight Expansion, Dragon King Expansion, Manhunter Expansion, Gorm Expansion, Lion Knight Expansion, Dung Beetle Knight Expansion, Spidicules Expansion, Sunstalker Expansion Lion God Expansion, Slenderman Expansion ,Lonely Tree Expansion, Green Knight Expansion

All Pinups & Promos from last kickstarter in high-quality hard plastic:
Anna & Adam Explorers of Death KS Exclusive, Pinup Dragon Sacrifice, Pinup Lantern Festival. Pinup Leather Queen, Pinup Lioness, Pinup Phoenix Dancer, Pinup Primal Huntress, Pinup Rawhide Dame, Pinup Regeneration Suit, Pinup Silk Assassin w/ unique base Insert, Pinup Sunstalker Dancer, Pinup Twilight Witch, Pinup Reversal, Allison The Twilight Knight (yes the new one in the shiny white box).

Messenger of Courage w/ unique insert, Messenger of Humanity w/ unique insert, Messenger of the First Story, Messenger of the Spiral Path, Holiday White Speaker Nico, Beyond the Wall (yes the new version in the shiny white box).

This does not include any gifts or the Survivor Level reward. These were neither promos or pinups. This also excludes crossover miniatures as I am not the IP holder of these figures.

Here are some things that shouldn't be included, because they are not Pinups or Promos that I am throwing in anyway:

- Aya the Survivor
- Paul the Survivor
- Twilight Knight
- Snow the Savior

1.5 Changelog Reveal

The Core Game Book has been upgraded to a hard cover book! It will also include one of those super neat cloth bookmarks! This is for both the 1.5 Core game and the 1.5 Update Pack!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Castle
Delaware
flag msg tools
To quote Poots:
"
Does my pledge include the 1.5 core game?

The following pledge levels include a 1.5 core game:
Black Friday Lantern
Lantern
Black Friday Gold Lantern
Gold Lantern
Ancient Gold Lantern
Black Friday Gambler’s Lantern 2nd Face
Retail Lantern (6 copies)
Satan’s Lantern"

Do I need the 1.5 Upgrade pack as well if I got thr core version?
You don't need an upgrade pack if you get the 1.5 Core. The Upgrade pack is for people who have versions of the core game older than 1.5.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Some words that Poots said yesterday before he went to sleep:

Possible to get an extra hard cover book as an add-on? Yes => 40$
Possible to get an extra core game as an add-on? Yes => 250$
Possible to get the Gambler's chest as an add-on? Yes => 100$
Possible to have an all-in pledge but only with content relevant to the game (no pinup or promo)? => Probably but if so, not before the end of the campaign.
Will there be any translation? => No and it's a given.

These are his words. No rumour there and these questions tend to be recurrent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pflug
Germany
Schwäbisch Gmünd
Baden Würtemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys, i added all your new suggestions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
markus
Austria
vienna
vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
The game does not last 50 lantern years. The game used to last for about 25 and will last additional 5 for the new boss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pflug
Germany
Schwäbisch Gmünd
Baden Würtemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
drone9 wrote:
The game does not last 50 lantern years. The game used to last for about 25 and will last additional 5 for the new boss.

You're right! Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just one suggestion: could you format the questions in bold (or whatever) to differentiate them from the answers?
As it is, it's hard to read.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Cracker
United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
What a cool guy!
badge
Never rub another man's rhubarb.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Excellent KDM public service
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
"20. Is this kickstarter EU friendly?
Yes! All pledges in europe will be shipped from germany, so no extra taxes!
"

Be careful with that because it's not true...

It's not really EU friendly as he said that he made his homework and that it doesn't mean a thing. He told me this yesterday.
He said it all depends on the European situation in the years to come.
All he can say is that the game WILL ship from Germany, that's a fact, but he doesn't guarantee that there would be no taxes paid between Germany and your own country. And if it's the case, it's on you.

Worth noting because your answer might create some trouble as it is not what he says neither is it remotely what is written in the bottom of the campaign's page:

"Like our previous campaign, we will make our best efforts to ease the burden of shipping by fulfilling rewards from shipping partners around the world (projected as: US, CA, EU, AU.)
Backers are responsible for any and all import fees, VAT, duties, taxes, post office fees, and or any other fees their country or government imposes."

He can more or less be confident for a game that he plans to ship in a few weeks or months.
But this is a 4 years project (at least for the last wave).
By then a lot of things could change in Europe or anywhere else (i.e: Brexit or constantly changing trade agreements).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
London
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

- Everything from the 1.5 new edition change log and the gamblers chest has been unlocked almost instantaneously. The stretch goals still will be revealed slowly over the campaign, to keep every day exciting.

The way this is worded seems to imply that the same number of stretch goals would be added regardless of whether the campaign raised $1 mil or $5 mil. Is this going to be the case?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon Scheuber
Germany
Köln
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
madaxer wrote:

The way this is worded seems to imply that the same number of stretch goals would be added regardless of whether the campaign raised $1 mil or $5 mil. Is this going to be the case?

Well not totally right, because the Gold Smoke Knight was a 2,050,000 stretch goal but otherwise yes. It's the same way CMON is giving away the stretch goals, as they are all planned beforehand and spread out to just keep the hype train going.
I have my stretch goals rather well thought out than just stretch goals for the sake of stretch goals and I'm pretty sure Mr. Poots has many more surprises for us in store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
New questions often asked that have an answer:

Will the update cards be flush with the current deck of cards?
"the manufacturer has assured me that we will match everything up. We are using the same die (the tool to cut the cards from their sheets), so the size of the cards will be exactly the same. The BGG community is most likely talking about the cards from our white box single releases, which are done short run locally and not en mass in china."

Will there be sleeves for the game?
"we have sleeves for our standard cards and gear cards in the works. I'll see if we can extend it to the settlement events and locations too. "
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pflug
Germany
Schwäbisch Gmünd
Baden Würtemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all for your feedback!
I fixed the FAQ and added new questions.
It's now version 1.5 :-P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pflug
Germany
Schwäbisch Gmünd
Baden Würtemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
madaxer wrote:

We can't know for sure. We only know, that Adam had planned Stretch goals up to 2 million. But everything was changed, because we broke the KS on day one. Adam also said, that he may add new stretch goals, that weren't planned for this kickstarter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AGN1964 AGN1964
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great job! Please keep this up to date, it's very useful. I can't believe this has so thumbs up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
London
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Intourette wrote:
madaxer wrote:

Well not totally right, because the Gold Smoke Knight was a 2,050,000 stretch goal but otherwise yes. It's the same way CMON is giving away the stretch goals, as they are all planned beforehand and spread out to just keep the hype train going.
I have my stretch goals rather well thought out than just stretch goals for the sake of stretch goals and I'm pretty sure Mr. Poots has many more surprises for us in store.

/sadface

While I get what you're saying I disagree that that is how CMON runs their kickstarters. They will either break a planned add-on into more stretch goals or make shit up on the fly to keep up with the increase of pledges. I haven't seen any of their campaigns have barren spots in their SG's, certainly nothing like this one will likely have.

Other companies I would agree with for sure. Stonemeiger, Tiny Epic, and the Sentinels of the Multiverse campaigns for sure. Anyhow, just arguing pedantic's as I think you gave a poor comparison. Sorry...

Anyhoo, back on topic...

I think this should be added to the top as it's fairly important and easy to overlook:

"What is a Kingdom Death Pinup?

Kingdom Death Pinups are light-hearted reinterpretations of aspects of the deadly serious game. They are not cannon, meaning they do not belong to the world of Kingdom Death and are not playable characters in the game.

These are meant for hobbyists and collectors to enjoy, assemble, and paint. They’re created in fun and meant in the spirit of light-hearted send up of everything from monsters to armor sets from the grimdark Kingdom Death world"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pflug
Germany
Schwäbisch Gmünd
Baden Würtemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AGN1964 wrote:
Great job! Please keep this up to date, it's very useful. I can't believe this has so thumbs up.

Thanks, I will keep it updated over the entire kickstarter campaign.

Thanks for all your help, guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen Man
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
I didn't know about card sleeves. I may hold off on that. Could be a $50 dollar savings (or more) due to the amount of cards. Thanks for the heads up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Meenachan
United States
Delray Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
KILLER QUEEN: BITES THE DUST!
badge
ShaRog Master Race
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for doing this, I hope it dissuades people from making repeat posts of already answered questions. I'll share this on my Facebook page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit
Netherlands
Broek op Langedijk
flag msg tools
Thank you very much for the faq. Though, I would have a quick question, is it possible to combine a lantern pack (v1.5update) and a black friday gambler lantern 2nd face on the same pledge? Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klutz
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
I am a "certified" art critic.
badge
I am a professional BGG commenter.
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a more thorough answer to Question #2:

2. What's new in version 1.5?

There are some error fixes in the rulebook and on a few cards.
And more changes are being announced during the KS:

- New Epilogue (+1 Story Event) 1 full page illustration & 2 rule book pages
- $200k: New fighting Art - Synchronized Attack
- $300k: Oxidized Lantern Weapons
- $500k: Hardcover rulebook
- $600k: ??
- $700k: ??
- $800k: ??
- $900k: ??
- $1M: ??
- Secret change: Gold Smoke Knight (+1 New Monster) 1 Gold Smoke Knight miniature, 50 game cards & 2 story events
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean L
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
baylock wrote:
"20. Is this kickstarter EU friendly?
Yes! All pledges in europe will be shipped from germany, so no extra taxes!
"

Be careful with that because it's not true...

It's not really EU friendly as he said that he made his homework and that it doesn't mean a thing. He told me this yesterday.
He said it all depends on the European situation in the years to come.
All he can say is that the game WILL ship from Germany, that's a fact, but he doesn't guarantee that there would be no taxes paid between Germany and your own country. And if it's the case, it's on you.

Worth noting because your answer might create some trouble as it is not what he says neither is it remotely what is written in the bottom of the campaign's page:

"Like our previous campaign, we will make our best efforts to ease the burden of shipping by fulfilling rewards from shipping partners around the world (projected as: US, CA, EU, AU.)
Backers are responsible for any and all import fees, VAT, duties, taxes, post office fees, and or any other fees their country or government imposes."

He can more or less be confident for a game that he plans to ship in a few weeks or months.
But this is a 4 years project (at least for the last wave).
By then a lot of things could change in Europe or anywhere else (i.e: Brexit or constantly changing trade agreements).

If it's shipping from Germany it's going to be "EU-friendly" but there are a few things worth noting:
1) Poots has to pay VAT at the German rate on goods entering Germany. That's 19%. Normally EU-friendly projects roll that into the total "shipping" cost but bear in mind that this is potentially a $400+ purchase so the "shipping" cost will still be very high (19% + the actual cost of shipping). So while it'll be shipped from the EU, it won't be cheap.
2) The UK may have left the EU by the time this ships, in which case UK buyers might get stung twice (worse case) or still have the handling fees and customs duties to pay themselves (but with cheaper 'shipping' because the VAT for goods being forwarded from Germany to a non-EU country doesn't have to paid. But it does require exemptions to be applied for and work done to make that happen).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark S
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
baylock wrote:
Possible to get the Gambler's chest as an add-on? Yes => 100$

So to be clear, if you're at the "Black Friday Lantern" and decide you want the Gambler's Chest, you can just add $100 and don't have to change to the "Gold Lantern?" (since the "Black Friday Gold Lantern" is closed)

Edit: confirmed. I saw Poots answer this very question in the comments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [9] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.