Hide
7 Posts

Clue: Star Wars» Forums » General

Subject: Is it more of the same? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Starr
msg tools
Curious to see people's impressions. All I can gather is that it's star wars themed, it has a cool looking 3D board with some decent looking miniatures (nothing on the level of other games obviously), and that instead of who did it, it's about the death star plans.

I know with Harry Potter Clue there were some additional things added to the game. Not a lot, but it made for a slightly different experience.

So other than a skin, is there anything different about this game? I'm curious, mainly because of the 3D board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JonathanStarr wrote:
Curious to see people's impressions. All I can gather is that it's star wars themed, it has a cool looking 3D board with some decent looking miniatures (nothing on the level of other games obviously), and that instead of who did it, it's about the death star plans.

I know with Harry Potter Clue there were some additional things added to the game. Not a lot, but it made for a slightly different experience.

So other than a skin, is there anything different about this game? I'm curious, mainly because of the 3D board.

Based on Game Boy Geek's videos, any changes are strictly worse and the prison mechanic is really broken.

You can see the 2-minute one here https://www.boardgamegeek.com/video/118893/clue-star-wars/ga...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Starr
msg tools
Thanks.

Ugh... I hate Hasbro. There's always potential for a good game, but they're perfectly happy with creating a crap game and getting people's money anyways... because Star Wars. I mean how could they make a game worse than it is by introducing theme!?

I guess Star Wars Risk was a fluke.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I think they designed the board before the game mechanics. Because they introduce this whole 'getting stuck' mechanic where you draw a card. Wow this game is backwards. I wonder how they even develop these games...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Rogers
United States
Thousand Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesn't sound like anything some house rules can't fix.

Worst comes to worse, take the board and the minis and make a design a new game to go with it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sparky
msg tools
mb
Scott Rogers wrote:
Doesn't sound like anything some house rules can't fix.

Worst comes to worse, take the board and the minis and make a design a new game to go with it!

Or, if you have kids, the 3D board could be a very cost-effective alternative to the Lego Death Star set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Edwards
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott Rogers wrote:

Hey look! With only a slight alteration you get Hasbro's motto!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Pick it up for proxies for the cardboard tokens in Imperial Assault.

$15 on Amazon on 12/13 : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HH0NSW2/ref=ox_sc_act_t...

Off to check the video for the component quality!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.