Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zenjoy
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry I just discovered this game yesterday, ordered a copy of the core via ebay (best prices I could find :D ).

Was wondering if anyone could tell me (via reply here or PM) what are the level 3 powers the characters get in their exp gain for this expansion? I know there are the extra crisis and FAB cards and game bling, but my real curiosity is how do the characters get OP at their highest prowess?

Specifically I'm curious about John. From what I've seen his main use is to sit in TB5 to mitigate the Hood roll/s, perform a LOT of Scans to keep the Disasters low, and possibly plan to gain a FAB card while letting the hood move forward (he mitigates his dice rolls, so you can risk it a lil).

He can also act as an alternate pilot for TB3 if Gordon is an NPC, but otherwise he does seem a lil underwhelming to his brothers who can generate resources for an action while in their preferred 'bird'.

Does his lvl 3 status change this? This could be the crux that makes me decide to get this add-on or pass it over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Raps
Netherlands
Vlijmen
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't think John's new skill makes him that much more powerful in Rescues. His new skill is designed to bring more Intelligence tokens into the game (and by extension, more possible re-rolls and thus less The Hood die results, building on his level 2 skill).

He is cheaper to level up than all other characters, though.

All other characters require 4 resolved disaster cards for a game with 2 IR players, 3 resolved disaster cards for a game with 3 IR players and 2 resolved disaster cards for a game with 2 IR players to go from level 1 to level 2, whereas John only needs 2 resolved disaster cards to level up, regardless of the number of players in the game.

It's similar going from level 2 to level 3: John will always require 3, while the other characters require 5, 4 or 3 resolved disasters, depending on the number of players in the game.

Here's a full list of level 3 skills (new skills underlined):

Scott
1- Add +3 to Air Rescues when you roll.
2- Once per turn, you may draw a Logistics token for free if you are in Thunderbird 1.
3- Once per turn, you may place an Intelligence token from the supply on any disaster card on the disaster track matching your space if you are in Thunderbird 1.

Virgil
1- Add +3 to Land Rescues when you roll.
2- Once per turn, you may draw a Technology token for free if you are in Thunderbird 2.
3- Repair any vehicle in your space for free at any time. (No Technology token required).

Alan
1- Add +3 to Space Rescues when you roll.
2- Once per turn, you may draw a Teamwork token for free if you are in Thunderbird 3.
3- You may give a Teamwork token to any player in any space for free at any time.

Gordon
1- Add +3 to Sea Rescues when you roll.
2- Once per turn, you may spend an action to draw a Determination token and a token of your choice if you are in Thunderbird 4.

John
1- Add +3 to Space Rescues when you roll.
2- Ignore one The Hood result for each Rescue roll (made by any player) if you are on Thunderbird 5.
3- Once per turn, you may place an Intelligence token from the supply on to any disaster card on the disaster track if you are on Thunderbird 5.

Lady Penelope
1- Once per turn, you may spend an action to draw two Intelligence tokens if you are in Europe.
2- Once per turn, you may exchange one bonus token with the supply for free.
3- Once per turn, you may give one of your bonus tokens to another player in your space for free.

Tin-Tin
1- Add +3 to Rescues if you are on the Ladybird Jet when you roll.
2- Once per turn, you may draw one F.A.B. card for free if you are on Tracy Island.
3- Ignore one The Hood result for each Rescue action you take.

Brains
1- Add +3 to Rescues if a pod vehicle bonus is used when you roll.
2- Once per turn, you may draw a Technology token for free if you are on Tracy Island.
3- When taking the Plan action, draw three F.A.B. cards, choose one to keep and discard the other two.

Parker
1- Add +3 to Rescues if you are in FAB 1 or FAB 2 when you roll.
2- You can take the Move action to remotely move FAB 1 or FAB 2 (even if you are in another space).
3- Once per turn, you may draw an Intelligence token for free regardless of where you are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zenjoy
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. So wait - Gordon has no level 3? He instead gets a buff at level 2? Guess that makes thematic sense being the youngest Tracy.

And everyone got a minor buff to their rescues by look. From what I've seen/ heard the bonus to rescues was around +2. So they all got buffed to +3 in the early game to mitigate their lack of 'reasource per action?' Interesting choice to be sure!

I am confused why you say Intelligence gives more FAB cards by extension. I thought they simply allowed dice re-rolls, and that its Logistics you need to get FAB cards. Did I miss something? Or is this more a 'more disasters solved = more FAB earned'

And faster Lvl'ing up for John does make sense too. He prob wants to finish his missions ASAP then get back to TB5 to keep monitoring everything and everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Raps
Netherlands
Vlijmen
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Gordon doesn't get a third skill, but he does get to pick an extra token (level 2 only let's him pick a Determination token). It's probably to offset his strong +3 bonus at level 1.

And I was mistaken about the Intelligence tokens/F.A.B. cards. I always mix up Intelligence and Logistics. I've fixed the post above.

Oh, and actually, Alan is the youngest brother.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.