Hide
7 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Kickstarter first timer q's rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Blake Neal
msg tools
1. I want to get everything for this game. I wont have the money for it all by campaign end(holidays and such). Thats assuming that old expansions show up as add ons.So during the pledge manager is it possible to increase your pledge AFTER the campaign?If so, is this also true for other board game kickstarters?

2. assuming that 1 is yes. How long do typical pledge managers stay open?

3. do you have to pay at campaign end for ALL the waves that will ship as well ? Or is it when wave X is ready you got to pay more at that time?

4.(assuming that 4 is yes,you pay for the shipping by each wave.) I dont check my email very often. seeing as how the estimate is 2020 for the final waves to come in. How do you keep track of all the waves and when they arrive without checking every day for a update so you don't miss out on your wave cuz you didn't pay that waves shipping? Not saying ill do that because im super excited for this game but hell life happends people forget.

thank you for your time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Delinck
United States
Hobart
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as when you pay is concerned, you will pay your entire pledge amount at campaign end. You'll pay shipping afterwards.

So if you are thinking about the $1666 pledge, that is the amount you'll pay at campaign end. You will pay for shipping later in the pledge manager.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaed Keper
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
DFu4ever wrote:
As far as when you pay is concerned, you will pay your entire pledge amount at campaign end. You'll pay shipping afterwards.

So if you are thinking about the $1666 pledge, that is the amount you'll pay at campaign end. You will pay for shipping later in the pledge manager.

Wasn't it possible to increase your pledge after the close of the first KS? I'm reading through old updates atm, and I'm sure it was mentioned a couple of times...

If so, in theory, it would be possible to pledge at the $250 level (for the base game) and pay only $250 on Jan 8th when the KS closes, but then add all the expansions and pay the difference when the pledge manager closes some number of months later?

This is how it has worked with other miniature board games I've kickstarted, and seems to be what happened with the last KD:M KS. I hope it's true for this one as well, since those extra months of being able to save up really make it easier to pledge at a higher level!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Delinck
United States
Hobart
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wasn't in on the first pledge, but I know that some allow you to add to your pledge later, and some do not. I get the impression that this one will probably allow that for add-ons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eli Curtz
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
sharnofshade wrote:
DFu4ever wrote:

Wasn't it possible to increase your pledge after the close of the first KS? I'm reading through old updates atm, and I'm sure it was mentioned a couple of times...

If so, in theory, it would be possible to pledge at the $250 level (for the base game) and pay only $250 on Jan 8th when the KS closes, but then add all the expansions and pay the difference when the pledge manager closes some number of months later?

This is how it has worked with other miniature board games I've kickstarted, and seems to be what happened with the last KD:M KS. I hope it's true for this one as well, since those extra months of being able to save up really make it easier to pledge at a higher level!

You'll be able to add expansions after the Kickstarter, but you won't be able to change your basic pledge level. The original one actually had so many delays that he opened the pledge manager a few times (with adjusted prices) later on, but I wouldn't count on that this time around. Adam was asked about the different waves in chat and he said they were going to have a meeting about that, so we should know before the end if they'll have different cutoff dates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The first time around, the pledge manager periodically opened and closed throughout the 2.5 year production cycle. I wouldn't expect that amount of disorder this time around. But who knows? It seems like they have a better handle on their time lines. I'd imagine the pledge manager goes live end of Jan and then is probably open for 2 or 3 months, closing off well before a July-ish ship date on Wave 1. Just my speculation though, I could be wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonny x
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I would ask Adam in the KS comments if there will be a pledge manager where you can increase your pledge amount. Most KS's have this but I would verify before planning on it. Also, keep in mind the 1666 is a limited quantity pledge. Once they are full there's no guarantee they will be offered again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.