Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Winterfeld
United States
Tecumseh
MI
flag msg tools
mb
I am new to KDM, it looks fun and I am excited to back this project. Since I don't have the core game I am aware I would need to back at one of the higher levels to get it. But how far up should I go to get a good experience of the game. Do I need all the expansions to enjoy the game (the $750 pledge level) or will just the core game and gambler's chest be ok?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pflug
Germany
Schwäbisch Gmünd
Baden Würtemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1679203/kingdom-death-m...

No, you don't need any expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
frank enstein
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
at this point, i'm quite content with just the base game level at $250

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam newman

doncaster
south yorkshire
msg tools
mbmb
The expansions are great but they aren't needed to enjoy kdm, most of the expansions substitute monsters from the base game with something else to change it up.

Only once you are bored with the base game should you consider expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am new as well. From what I have read, the base game will hold you over for an extremely long time. Bonus is that this base game (1.5) is even upgraded in components and comes with more lantern years as well as another boss. I am sure you will be happy with just getting that. I personally went to the next level 300/350 because I like the idea of the gamblers box and the retail game was $400, which is what I expected to pay on KS. Anything more expensive than that is just more than I am willing to spend on a game I have not personally played yet (I wish I had). I will likely pick up a few KS expansions though, but only stuff that really looks cool/fun to paint/is also for gameplay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.