Adrian Teroux
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello to the community,

I have a question regarding the type of die to add to a check.
We are playing one of the beginning scenarios called Desiccated Delirium. We're at the Sulfur Pits. This location says that on your check that has the acid trait, add one die.
My question is: if I encounter a monster such as the Yellow Jelly, which has the acid trait, do I add one die or do I only add one if I'm playing a spell that has the acid trait?

Thanks for your time and help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome aboad Adrian!

Unfortunately, the Yellow Jelly is using the acid against you; unless you had a summon monster or charm monster in play, in which case, it's working for you and you could benefit from its acid trait.

Barring that scenario, I'm afraid you or another hero would have to play a card that has the acid trait. It could be a spell, a weapon, an item, or something else that gives you the acid trait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to pay close attention to the exact terminology used, it's very important in Mummy's Mask. If it states "on your check that has" a certain trait, then it has to be a trait added to your check as Neil described above. There are other cards which state "on a check that invokes" a certain trait; in this case it could be a trait on your check or a trait on the card you are combating/trying to acquire, and a bane also invokes a trait if it only deals damage with a certain trait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Teroux
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, thanks a lot to both of you for clarifying this for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert O'Hearne
United States
Ayer
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I made a post explaining invokes (invokes), which points to skizzerz's post explaining how your check gains traits (traits).

(Note I was wrong about your check not being able to gain the Construct trait, as Longshot cleverly points out here.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Teroux
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Robert. I'll make sure to check those out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Turner
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This was an area of some confusion for me as well. Thanks for clearing it up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.