Subject: Using these 5-6 Player Rules without the Expansion? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Hardy
United Kingdom
Bracknell
Berkshire
flag msg tools
Build a sustainable future for all, while we can.
badge
HELLO.
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be great if someone who owns this could share the rules, as they're not on the official website.

It would be particularly useful to make available the changes to the basic rules to allow for 5-6 players, since I've heard these can be used with BM 1 & 2 without the expansion.

I know as far as how many heroes to add and that you play for souls minus wounds rather the normal objective. But how many heroes do you draw each turn, and how do you decide to whom the tied ones go to? And are there any other tweaks (besides the obvious fifth treasure type you need the expansion for)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hardy
United Kingdom
Bracknell
Berkshire
flag msg tools
Build a sustainable future for all, while we can.
badge
HELLO.
mbmbmbmbmb
I discovered:

"Heroes no longer stay in town if there is a tie. Instead, heroes are split evenly among the tied players (remainder stays in town) with the oldest hero going to the tied player with the highest Boss XP.

Example: You (900 Boss XP)and two other players (750 Boss XP and 600 Boss XP respectively) are tied for the fighting type and there are 7 fighting type heroes in the town. In this case, the oldest hero goes to you, then the next oldest goes to the other player with 750 Boss XP, then the next oldest goes to the other player with 600 Boss XP, then the next oldest goes to you. You will end up with 1 hero that can't be evenly split among the 3 of you and so this hero remains in town."

[comment=https://boardgamegeek.com/article/24657886#24657886][/comment]

I assume you still draw a number of heroes each round equal to the number of players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.