Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Sampson
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it possible to have simultaneous campaigns at once (say a group one and a solo one)? I know in theory this should be possible, but I wasn't sure if the book-keeping / limited cards would make it too difficult to do in a reasonable way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Koch
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It is possible. You'll need different settlement sheets and survivor sheets for each campaign. And you'll need to keep book over the equipment and resources each settlement has. It's not much more "work" than having only one campaign at a time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pruden
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No it's not that hard at all. Most people run several campaigns. I have 4 going right now all at different places in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Awaited King
msg tools
mbmbmb
It' worth to create a copy of Innovations deck for each campaign and of some frequently used gears, so you can just keep current Innovations and gear-load of each campaign in a separate pack. It really speeds up setup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Styfen wrote:
Please direct all future questions to this thread.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1679203/kingdom-death-m...
This isn't a question about the KS though. It is just a general question about the game that would be just as relevant if I was buying it on ebay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My groups are typically running around 3 at a time, with I think a peak at 5.

If you get a spreadsheet/some paper to manage gear and innovation deck and some system to keep track of which survivors are with which settlement (we use big envelopes), it's pretty easy, just takes a bit to re-sort stuff when switching settlements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Death Jester
msg tools
mbmb
I thought this thread was about playing two campaigns in one. We played a successful People of the Sun/Bloom campaign, where the settlement lived around the great pool, worshipped the sun and was visited by the enigmatic flower knight. Thematically it worked... even went full hippie with Nurture the Young, Collective Toul, Romantics. But as usual we all died.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua R
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
GO TO JAPAN!
badge
Artist: Shohei Otomo
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I found switching the cards out between sessions a little annoying when I was doing a solo campaign at the same time as our group campaign. When my solo game went south, I didn't start another one and it was much nicer just having everything always configured for the group game all the time.

But I'm SUPER lazy, so if you don't mind the extra fiddling around with cards, no, it's not hard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.