Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

A Feast for Odin» Forums » Rules

Subject: 2 Questions about the exploration boards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Wawrzonek
United States
Amsterdam
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Do you want board games?...because that's how you get board games!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I was playing my first game last night and came across 2 question about the exploration boards.

1) Do you still have the same rules for the income boxes? Do you have to have all of the boxes to the left and below covered before you can cover the income space?

2) What are the mountain looking spaces with the black border? Are they just there to get in the way or are they some kind of bonus?

Thanks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
drevilz4l wrote:
I was playing my first game last night and came across 2 question about the exploration boards.

1) Do you still have the same rules for the income boxes? Do you have to have all of the boxes to the left and below covered before you can cover the income space?


Yes.

Quote:

2) What are the mountain looking spaces with the black border? Are they just there to get in the way or are they some kind of bonus?


They just get in the way. You cannot build over them.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dkeisen wrote:
drevilz4l wrote:
I was playing my first game last night and came across 2 question about the exploration boards.

1) Do you still have the same rules for the income boxes? Do you have to have all of the boxes to the left and below covered before you can cover the income space?


Yes.

Quote:

2) What are the mountain looking spaces with the black border? Are they just there to get in the way or are they some kind of bonus?


They just get in the way. You cannot build over them.


For reference:

Rules, page 10 - "Income from an exploration board is handled like
income from your home board"

Rules, page 13 - "Note that there might be spaces in the center of an exploration board that you are not allowed to cover with goods, like the “5” on Bear Island. These spaces have a very prominent green border.

9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Wawrzonek
United States
Amsterdam
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Do you want board games?...because that's how you get board games!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome. Thanks guys. For some reason I was having a terrible time finding stuff in the rules last night.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
badge
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to add a small reminder: the 2 posts inside the long house boards are "holes" in the grid too, and cannot be covered.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Kendrick
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
This is not normal.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
reverendunclebastard wrote:


Rules, page 13 - "Note that there might be spaces in the center of an exploration board that you are not allowed to cover with goods, like the “5” on Bear Island. These spaces have a very prominent green border.



The mountain spaces on Greenland don't have green borders, though. Given the specific statement in the rules about prominent green borders (quoted above), I interpreted that as meaning that these mountains could be covered if desired and that they count as covered already (but would provide no bonus if surrounded).

Probably not an accurate interpretation, but the mention of green borders throws me.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
apkendrick wrote:
reverendunclebastard wrote:


Rules, page 13 - "Note that there might be spaces in the center of an exploration board that you are not allowed to cover with goods, like the “5” on Bear Island. These spaces have a very prominent green border.



The mountain spaces on Greenland don't have green borders, though. Given the specific statement in the rules about prominent green borders (quoted above), I interpreted that as meaning that these mountains could be covered if desired and that they count as covered already (but would provide no bonus if surrounded).

Probably not an accurate interpretation, but the mention of green borders throws me.

The mountains on Greenland have a dark green border for me in the appendix.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
apkendrick wrote:

Probably not an accurate interpretation.


Definitely an inaccurate interpretation, they are bordered in a dark green colour, but either way the intent is obvious.
3 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.