$60.00
$20.00
Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

V-Commandos» Forums » Rules

Subject: Where do you start and sniper rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zorglub Zorglub
msg tools
great game but a few question
- where do the commandos start when you have more than one starting
- At the begining of a scenario, do you need an action to start in the tile or you have your all 3 actions / member of the commando ?

Moreover
- does the sniper can shoot inside without any line of sight ?

Thank you


1 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The missions normally say. It is generally throgh an open trap door and cvostsx one action.

Sniper with Springfield outdoor any tile , with LOS e.g. not blocked by indoor tile or any special terrain, I don't think there is any but I haven't checked every Terrain Card.

Sniper with Mosin-Nagant would say needs LOS to tile the enemy entrance(s) are in.


Then again it may be that the sniper can fins a high point or shoot through gaps others can't so maybe doeßnt need LOS.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exiting or entering an open passage are a bit vague and mixed together in the rules, as is entering at the start of a terrain.

My assumption is that exiting really means 'entering' an open passage, removing your commando token from the terrain, and ends your turn (so getting a +1 action token before you do would be beneficial, and the comment about keeping all your equipment is related to bringing the character back into play from an open passage on another turn).

I also assume that entering play by 'exiting' from an open passage and onto the tile, whether at the start of a terrain or re-entering play having traveled through a tunnel costs 1 action point for your turn.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sniper answered previously

So my 2nd option no LOS was correct


ThibaudMTL wrote:
Cornicer wrote:
(...) she is allowed to shoot from anywhere to any exit on the terrain. I imagine it as the sniper climbing on the roof or some other vantage point to get a clear view - thematically speaking. And it's a cool ability! cool


That is exactly that!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toco
Belgium
Oost-Vlaanderen
Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
designer
Thank you DjaliRiot and chadnorth !
mbmb
When the game starts; I am not using an action point when my commando (currently at the table) enters a tile with a trapdoor. I don't know if this is correct, because I can't find it in the rules.

To exit a tile by a trapdoor, I am using an action point.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Langer
Germany
Coburg
Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
FIS Franconian Gaming Club
badge
History teacher at work
mbmbmbmbmb
tocoking wrote:
When the game starts; I am not using an action point when my commando (currently at the table) enters a tile with a trapdoor. I don't know if this is correct, because I can't find it in the rules.

To exit a tile by a trapdoor, I am using an action point.


I have to say that I DO spend an action point for entering the terrain. What made me do so is a sentence in Training Mission 2: "The commandos enter the terrain through the open trap door during the first game turn."
But as you say, it isn't explicitly stated in the rules if you have to spend a point to enter the terrain - or we both just don't see it
5 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone ..................
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cornicer wrote:

I have to say that I DO spend an action point for entering the terrain. What made me do so is a sentence in Training Mission 2: "The commandos enter the terrain through the open trap door during the first game turn."
But as you say, it isn't explicitly stated in the rules if you have to spend a point to enter the terrain - or we both just don't see it


I've been playing this way as well.

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud de la Touanne
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
It is in the rules, but I admit it is not visible enough: p. 6 "Moving (1 action)", second half.

This will be fixed in the next version of the rules + I added it to the FAQ in the meanwhile.

FAQ: http://v-commandos.com/pages/faq
2 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurent Lebas
France
Le Havre
Normandie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Starman54 wrote:
Sniper answered previously

So my 2nd option no LOS was correct


ThibaudMTL wrote:
Cornicer wrote:
(...) she is allowed to shoot from anywhere to any exit on the terrain. I imagine it as the sniper climbing on the roof or some other vantage point to get a clear view - thematically speaking. And it's a cool ability! cool


That is exactly that!


Hi all

Regarding this answer, does the no LOS rule only apply to the Mosin Nagant? What about the Springfield?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud de la Touanne
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Laurisa wrote:
Starman54 wrote:
Sniper answered previously

So my 2nd option no LOS was correct


ThibaudMTL wrote:
Cornicer wrote:
(...) she is allowed to shoot from anywhere to any exit on the terrain. I imagine it as the sniper climbing on the roof or some other vantage point to get a clear view - thematically speaking. And it's a cool ability! cool


That is exactly that!


Hi all

Regarding this answer, does the no LOS rule only apply to the Mosin Nagant? What about the Springfield?


You can only play what is writen on the Sniper card. With Mosin-Nagant: "unlimited range shot to target 1 enemy entrance on her terrain." and with the Springfield: "long range shot on any outdoor tile on her terrain." Any shot targeting something else must be performed using the standard shooting rules.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurent Lebas
France
Le Havre
Normandie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Merci Thibaud pour la réponse.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.