Ticket to Ride: Europe» Forums » General

Subject: Alvin and Dexter question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Oliver Marshall
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi

The kids love playing Ticket to Ride and it's a nice easy game that doesn't cause any offence or arguments, fights, or deaths between siblings. All good.

I gave them the Alvin and Dexter expansion to make things more interesting, but I can't help but feel I'm not using them correctly.

We put them on cities on the board depending on the cards that we draw, and people move them by drawing and playing other cards. However the rules say that the impact of Alvin and Dexter on the board is that any city with them on it is in panic, and a panic'd city can't be used for any route. Thusly any route going through that city doesn't score.

That makes sense, but does it mean that the monsters only have an impact on the final scoring or does that mean that anyone putting trains down leading to a city in panic don't get a score around the edge for it?

Is moving them about is just a case of trying to be the last to move them before the end of the game?

Is that right? Am I missing something?

Olly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Amick
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oliverm wrote:
Hi

The kids love playing Ticket to Ride and it's a nice easy game that doesn't cause any offence or arguments, fights, or deaths between siblings. All good.

I gave them the Alvin and Dexter expansion to make things more interesting, but I can't help but feel I'm not using them correctly.

We put them on cities on the board depending on the cards that we draw, and people move them by drawing and playing other cards. However the rules say that the impact of Alvin and Dexter on the board is that any city with them on it is in panic, and a panic'd city can't be used for any route. Thusly any route going through that city doesn't score.

That makes sense, but does it mean that the monsters only have an impact on the final scoring or does that mean that anyone putting trains down leading to a city in panic don't get a score around the edge for it?

Is moving them about is just a case of trying to be the last to move them before the end of the game?

Is that right? Am I missing something?

Olly

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. You're not allowed to put down trains connecting to a city with a monster in it at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHARALAMPOS PAPADAKIS
Greece
HERAKLION CRETE
Non-US/Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Hello fellow players of Ticket to Ride.

I play every week Ticket to Ride United Kingdom, Switzerland, Europe, Asia and Pensilvania maps. We use to play Alvin and Dexter miniatures. In the rulebook wrote that the player who start the game second put in a city the miniature of Alvin and takes one Alvin card from the deck. The first player put Dexter in a city on the map and do the same. At anytime in addition to our normal turn, we play 1 or 2 Locamotive cards from our hand , not other color cards, to acquire a Monster card and move the corresponding Monster on the map. we discard the Locomotive cards and take the Monster card of our choice, placing face up in front of us. If we play 1 Locomotive card , then we could choose to move our monster up to 3 Cities away from its current position. if we give 2 Locomotive cards, then we allow to move our Monster up to 6 Cities connected away from its current position. At the end of our next turn we flip the monster card face down. The player who who has his turn after us can not allow to move our monster, only the other Monster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Marshall
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Yes. But why?

It says that the city with the minatures on is in panic, and cities in panic cannot be used for routes. So does that mean if you make a train line between two cities, one of them is in panic, you don't get points?

Or does it only have any impact at the end of the game when you are scoring up the points from tickets, and you have to exclude any ticket routes which feature cities in panic?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Amick
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oliverm wrote:
Yes. But why?

It says that the city with the minatures on is in panic, and cities in panic cannot be used for routes. So does that mean if you make a train line between two cities, one of them is in panic, you don't get points?

Or does it only have any impact at the end of the game when you are scoring up the points from tickets, and you have to exclude any ticket routes which feature cities in panic?

The rules use route to refer to a line that directly connects two cities. If a city is in panic, you can't build a route to it all. Tickets are a different matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.