Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Levy
United States
Galloway
OH - Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I purchased the Black Box yesterday and opened my copy of Phase. Was very surprised to see there were only 150 sleeves in the box that contains some 300 cards. I have been looking online to see if my box was missing sleeves or if AEG did this intentionally. Did anyone else pick up the 2016 Black Box and, if so, did you receive 300 sleeves or just 150?

Thank you in advance!

FYI, I have an e-mail out to AEG, but have not heard anything back yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antigone Mendenhall
United States
Defiance
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The side of the box says 150. I looked too after I had the same problem. Thankfully you don't need all of the cards immidiately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scourn1
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
You get sleeves for 5 decks. Decks are 30 cards and max of 5 players in a game so it makes sense. They are not giving you sleeves for all of it.

But really the game it complete crap and AEG is the worst company so I would recommend selling this trash
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antigone Mendenhall
United States
Defiance
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I dunno, we tried it out today and it was pretty neat. Not a ten or anything, but it was fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Aldridge
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scourn1 wrote:
You get sleeves for 5 decks. Decks are 30 cards and max of 5 players in a game so it makes sense. They are not giving you sleeves for all of it.

But really the game it complete crap and AEG is the worst company so I would recommend selling this trash

...troll much?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Cooley
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was a bit put off by that initially as well, but after further thought, I think it's a good compromise. First off, I wasn't expecting sleeves in the box, so the fact that they included some is a bonus. Especially since they're the Tarot sleeves, which I don't have tons of lying around.

On the other side of things, I know it hurts us sleevers to think about this, but not everybody likes sleeving their games. Including 300 sleeves would mean they would be charging the non-sleevers for 6 sets of sleeves they would never use. The good quality ones retail for $3.50-$5.00 (the ones in the box seem about on par with Fantasy Flight's Tarot sleeves). So that would be an extra $21-$30 in msrp value above and beyond the game if they included 6 sets. Then the non-sleevers would complain they're being gouged for what should otherwise have been a $30 game.

They might still complain, but now there can be equal minor complaining from both sides. I don't think the sleeves are a deal breaker for anyone who was planning to get the game anyway. Just a nice perk for those who didn't expect it, and who don't have a ready supply of Tarot sleeves because so few games feel the need to use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmb
My only problem is that they made 6 pre made decks and I was only given enough sleeves for 5 of them..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Kaplan
msg tools
I'm The Board Game Kaptain on YouTube
badge
Watch me at The Board Game Kaptain on YouTube
mbmbmbmbmb
Think of it this way. Most companies don't give you any sleeves when you purchase a card game and you have to buy them all on your own separately. I looked at it as a nice bonus that they included some sleeves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
My problem is that I can't side shuffle the damn tarot sized cards sleeved. Pretty annoying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Sullivan
United States
Oak Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sonus wrote:
My only problem is that they made 6 pre made decks and I was only given enough sleeves for 5 of them..

Presumably because the game theoretically sits only five, but it is really odd, I agree.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.