Subject: My ducking advantage variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Green
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We won this game in a raffle and only got it out a couple of times because we didn't like the elimination. It also seemed like ducking was mostly pointless with so many 'clicks' floating around. I tried this variant with a fresh crowd and it went over well.

Differences:
1) No health. Bandage loot cards go into your loot pile and if you get shot with a bang you may (should) discard the loot card to ignore it (but only one).

2) Ducking players still fire and still get one loot. We played that those standing get first pick in the usual order, then those that ducked, then those standing divide the rest of the loot. Picking order was a little wonky, but everyone caught on quickly. It doesn't matter how many clicks or bangs were aimed at the ducking players; the chickens get one loot each.

3) If you chose not to duck, and get shot (with a bang) lay the character down and put the bang card on the standie. Those players get no loot this round. After loot is divided, they stand back up an participate normally in the next round.

After two games playing like this it seemed more strategic and less brutal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander
Switzerland
Basel
flag msg tools
mbmb
Mac13eth wrote:
those standing get first pick in the usual order, then those that ducked, then those standing divide the rest of the loot.

How many players were in that game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Green
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We had five players including myself, but it seemed like it would work with eight as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.