Eldritch Horror» Forums » General

Subject: Storage Solution - YEAH! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert
msg tools
mbmbmb

sorry for this wall of text.

last week i received the base game + all expansions. i prepared myself with reading the forums and thought 'bout playing the game when everything's finally here - together - all parts! ok, i also ordered sleeves for the whole shebang. ... hmm, today was finally the day to unpack and prepare. check if everything's there and ... you know...

anyhow, after counting all cards and verifying that at least the component count was on par with the listings found online i started to sleeve the cards - after 800 cards or so i found that my mind was going in circles - i forgot taking care for a storage solution!

NERVOUS BREAKDOWN!!!! 3 glasses of wine and some (smaller) glasses of grappa later...

still thinking of buying antique filing racks or anything 'eldritch'!

right now, i honestly think about something - really revolutionary - new! (not!?)...

how about...

using the boxes (which i won't need when i go the 'storage solution way') to construct from them the new boxes i'd need?! YES!

what do you think?!

if there're enough folks who support this idea i'll build my storage from the eldritch horror boxes (means, i'll cut them up and change their look and usage forever!) and later post the pictures of the accident or success AND the blueprint for your own DIY ... horror!

cheers and have a good'n jolly weekend!

chem!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Aigner
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Storage Solution - WTF?!
I'm using two big boxes to store everything and have built custom inserts for quick setup of the most used things :-)

I've done complete box redesigns in the past but after a while the non standard sizes of this solutions don't fit the rest of my collection or where pure eldrich Horror to transport

But I'm realy courious what's in your mind and how everything will work out for you so go ahead and take the knife-way
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Hristov
Bulgaria
flag msg tools
I've recently made the horizontal tuckboxes for the cards in one box and I'm using two components storage boxes in one of the expansion big boxes. I also have the monsters in a DIY cloth bag - the only thing roaming around are the gates.

BUT if you make something working, do share
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
All you need is love :)
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
I also use the standard boxes - those FFG cardboard inserts aren't that bad if you use them right! I still have to print out more beautiful dividers though meeple

(Ignore the Star Wars stuff in the background - I just shot a quick foto for you and didn't wanted to put it all away meeple )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
msg tools
mbmbmb
thank you! after seeing lots of custom storage solutions i don't remember exactly if anyone had the small expansion boxes used as card trays. maybe there's a solution for it all without destroying the original boxes...

using the dividers that came with the game in another way is great, too!

ok, the game appeared 3 years ago - i don't have to reinvent the wheel here but yesterday was a pretty shocking day... luckily i'm all calmed down now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
msg tools
mbmbmb
Just found this on Reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/boardgames/comments/413c85/eldritch...

Squeamish was yesterday!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
msg tools
mbmbmb
...an update, maybe.

i didn't destroy my boxes. yet.
i have everything stored in 3! big boxes - base,MoM and UtP.
one box holds all large cards - it's filled up to the brim already, guess i'll pass that next expansion until i find something more 'eldritch'... ?!
the other two hold everything else. btw, i used the small box expansions inside the big boxes as trays - very handy... also, i cut up all dividers that came with the boxes and have created some sub compartments... nothing special, though. nothing to show either.

if i ever need to carry the game around - there's this ol'gym bag, useless now that i'm on the hunt around the world killing elder offspring, right?!

that's it from me - gonna close this thread now until further notice...

cheers everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
msg tools
mbmbmb
PzVIE wrote:
I also use the standard boxes - those FFG cardboard inserts aren't that bad if you use them right! [...]

thanks a lot!

so, i DID use the 'FFG cardboard inserts' and it came out pretty good!

in 3 of my big boxes is even enough space for another expansion, i guess...

here's my solution - sorry for the large gifs (animated and all..):

and some details:

yes, i only used scissors and the original cardboard that came with the games!
cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.