Nino Milicic
Slovenia
Ormož
Prlekija
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Hello dear boardgamers,
A.)I read rulebook, and I undersand most of game rules. But I have some problems with objectives. Can someone please explain me whats going on in next situations:
1. If you take side with 2 nations - for example russians and swedish... you need to take all russian 1st objectives to win game, or you need to take all russian and all swidish objectives to win game?
2. If you becouse of event stay without Russia, you need to take all swedish 1st and 2nd objetives to win?
3. If you out with with Sweden and Russian, you take Imperial, and in this case you need to take all 1st and 2nd objectives? And in this moment Austrian player need to take 1st and 2nd objectives to win? Short question- if Russian and Sweden are out, how can you win game with Imperial?
Generaly what in this gamr mean eased victory condition???

B.)And second- do you think will be ok if you play expert mode for first game? If not, how many games we will need before we switch to expert mode?

C.)Sequence of play- I am not 100% sure, its the order is- that on player play all 5 phases, and then next nation will play? Or all nations will play phase one and after that we will go to phase two?

I really do not understand this part of rules, so please help me.

Regards,
Nino

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill the Pill
United States
Oneonta
New York
flag msg tools
1. Either, not both
2. Just Sweden 1st
3. Just imperial 1st
B.Dive all the way in!
C.one nation does all, then next, then next...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard sivel
Germany
berlin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mb
The answers are correct. But maybe a bit short, so let me give more details.

1. You can win with Sweden OR Russia. In both cases, you need to take all objectives (1st and 2nd order).

2. When Russia drops out, the players is left with Sweden (only). In that case the so-called "eased victory conditions" are in effect. That means Sweden needs 1st order objectives only to win. (2nd order objectices are normal cities from now on.)

3. When a player takes over the Imperial Army (IA), it physically switches players (incl. the hand of TCs). (Design Note: The IA will switch players, when in a 4-player-game, a player has no nation to play.)
When the IA switches, both the IA and Austria have to conquer 1st orders objectives only. (2nd order objectices are normal cities from now on.)

B: The expert game has 3 rules:
a)Which version from the Fate cards should be read? -- This is only important when you start to know the spades versions of the cards. Instead of being bored, this rule brings a bigger variety. In your first game, you can ignore this rule, because every version is new for you anyway.

b) Offensive Option: This rule is so rarely used, even by experts, you can ignore it.

c) East Prussia rule: A simple rule, which helps the Prussians a bit when they lose East Prussia too fast. You can play with it.

C: Yes, one nation makes it complete action stage, then the next. Note that this means that Prussia does everything, then Hanover (although the same player), and so on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nino Milicic
Slovenia
Ormož
Prlekija
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Dear friend,
Thank you very much for great answer. We played our first game and it was very interesting. Bun finish was so dump... and we have unormal situation!

- The player how control Austria and Imperial play very aggresive. He control 11 Austrians and 8 Imperial objectives (all 1st class). Then in 12 turn- russian player lost russia (befor in turn 10 he lost sweden), so he take control over Imperial, and he (becouse of austrian player befor) control all 5 1st objectives in same moment when he take control- so in this case russiam player win this game. Did we play correct?

Thank you very very much
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Tha can allus tell a Yorkshireman, but tha canna tell him much
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you did play correctly.

The chance that the Imperial Army, Sweden or Austria might inherit a winning position due to the cards of fate is something that careful Prussian player will try to guard against. It is also something that the allied players should think about too. You can support the Imperial Army with the Austrians and they can win with such a strategy; but what if the Imperial Army switches players at the wrong moment? You can end up looking pretty silly!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.