Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
19 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: What is 1.4 Update pack rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Welch
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't seen anyone ask this yet. Under the shipping wave 1 it says core game and update pack 1.4. What is 1.4. I thought this campaign was for 1.5. Is this going to be for a reprint of the old game and then you get a kit to upgrade it or is it going to be a full new 1.5 game? I hope this make sense but I still don't know what 1.4 means.

Thanks
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Patrick
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Benncory wrote:
I haven't seen anyone ask this yet. Under the shipping wave 1 it says core game and update pack 1.4. What is 1.4. I thought this campaign was for 1.5. Is this going to be for a reprint of the old game and then you get a kit to upgrade it or is it going to be a full new 1.5 game? I hope this make sense but I still don't know what 1.4 means.

Thanks


It's a typo. The kickstarter was originally going to be for 1.4 but he changed it to 1.5 and apparently didn't update that one piece of text.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Meenachan
United States
Delray Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
KILLER QUEEN: BITES THE DUST!
badge
ShaRog Master Race
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
EDIT: Ninja'd. ^^^^

I saw that, too. Pretty sure it's just a typo. The game actually is 1.4 right now; the update pack brings it to 1.5.

It wouldn't be a Kingdom Death campaign without typos.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Awaited King
msg tools
mbmbmb
There is a damn FAQ for this kind of question, no need for a new tread with every question!

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1679203/kingdom-death-monst...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Sutherland
United States
Union City
Michigan
flag msg tools
kurczaczekx wrote:
There is a damn FAQ for this kind of question, no need for a new tread with every question!

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1679203/kingdom-death-monst...


The question in the thread for the FAQ thread is answering what all is included in the upgrade pack, while the OP here was confused due to a typo and made it seem like there were different versions of the upgrade pack, which is completely understandable and a valid question.

Get off your high horse and calm down dude.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Welch
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kurczaczekx wrote:
There is a damn FAQ for this kind of question, no need for a new tread with every question!

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1679203/kingdom-death-monst...


I already looked through the the Kickstarter FAQ. Give me a break Mr. Awaiting. You will be waiting a long time to become King.

Can't believe you wasted your time to write in the post. Just trolling around huh.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Awaited King
msg tools
mbmbmb
Saoshyant 4329 wrote:
kurczaczekx wrote:
There is a damn FAQ for this kind of question, no need for a new tread with every question!

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1679203/kingdom-death-monst...


The question in the thread for the FAQ thread is answering what all is included in the upgrade pack, while the OP here was confused due to a typo and made it seem like there were different versions of the upgrade pack, which is completely understandable and a valid question.

Get off your high horse and calm down dude.


But there are numerous topics FAQ included where you can ask any question you want and every new guys just comes here and starts a new thread without even checking the first page if there is maybe some thread you can use.

This is basic forum netiquete.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Awaited King
msg tools
mbmbmb
Benncory wrote:
kurczaczekx wrote:
There is a damn FAQ for this kind of question, no need for a new tread with every question!

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1679203/kingdom-death-monst...


I already looked through the the Kickstarter FAQ. Give me a break Mr. Awaiting. You will be waiting a long time to become King.

Can't believe you wasted your time to write in the post. Just trolling around huh.


Not trolling, but for the past 4-5 days these forum changed from somehow organised community into a place where every one thinks he can jump in, post a question with a new thread and not even bother to look into existing topics or think about using a similar one. If you looked into FAQ thread why didn't you stoped for a minute to think that it may be a good place to ask such a question? It was a perfect place for it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Patrick
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
His frustration is valid with the numerous topics being created asking the same questions repeatedly that 2 minutes of searching would answer. This question is a new question, though, but he's right that there are already threads to ask these questions.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Awaited King
msg tools
mbmbmb
There is a guy that just posted a question about a number of miniatures included in a base game... WTF... eh... some people won't even bother to read the product description and count the miniatures for themselves.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Welch
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kurczaczekx wrote:
There is a guy that just posted a question about a number of miniatures included in a base game... WTF... eh... some people won't even bother to read the product description and count the miniatures for themselves.


But then you couldn't stare and KDM thread all day hitting refresh and commenting on everyone's crappy questions.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denmark
Bagsværd
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kurczaczekx wrote:
There is a guy that just posted a question about a number of miniatures included in a base game... WTF... eh... some people won't even bother to read the product description and count the miniatures for themselves.


And if you helped him in a polite way or anybody else, maybe he/they would pledge and help mr. Poots and also you in the long run...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Awaited King
msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't have a heart to go on with this. I don't care anymore, there was another stupid question posted in a new thread just a minute ago and again the answer for which was in a thread that was in first five or so. So you know... no point.

People don't care about netiquette anymore, maybe I'm old and it's some next generation stuff. I'm not going to argue with you guys, but it used to be a forum where you could talk about game strategies, new expansions and possibilities, ideas and even philisophy.

Now every interesting thread was put down by multiple threads asking the same questions all the time.

Fine. Let's pretend it's what the forum is for.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Sutherland
United States
Union City
Michigan
flag msg tools
kurczaczekx wrote:
I don't have a heart to go on with this. I don't care anymore, there was another stupid question posted in a new thread just a minute ago and again the answer for which was in a thread that was in first five or so. So you know... no point.

People don't care about netiquette anymore, maybe I'm old and it's some next generation stuff. I'm not going to argue with you guys, but it used to be a forum where you could talk about game strategies, new expansions and possibilities, ideas and even philisophy.

Now every interesting thread was put down by multiple threads asking the same questions all the time.

Fine. Let's pretend it's what the forum is for.


There's a kickstarter going on for a massively-popular and sought after game going on right now. Of course the forum is going to get flooded with new people and questions regarding said kickstarter. There's still plenty of discussion happening on playing the game itself. You can say "oh I'm old now, things are different now" all you want, but the fact of the matter is that OP had a question that was *not* in the FAQ and you got all angry about it. Saying that "other people are asking questions that are in the FAQ" doesn't have any bearing on OP's thread here.

I get it, I understand where all of your guys' frustration is coming from, but there's better ways to go about answering in threads like this than jumping down their throat.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Pousette
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Saoshyant 4329 wrote:
kurczaczekx wrote:
I don't have a heart to go on with this. I don't care anymore, there was another stupid question posted in a new thread just a minute ago and again the answer for which was in a thread that was in first five or so. So you know... no point.

People don't care about netiquette anymore, maybe I'm old and it's some next generation stuff. I'm not going to argue with you guys, but it used to be a forum where you could talk about game strategies, new expansions and possibilities, ideas and even philisophy.

Now every interesting thread was put down by multiple threads asking the same questions all the time.

Fine. Let's pretend it's what the forum is for.


There's a kickstarter going on for a massively-popular and sought after game going on right now. Of course the forum is going to get flooded with new people and questions regarding said kickstarter. There's still plenty of discussion happening on playing the game itself. You can say "oh I'm old now, things are different now" all you want, but the fact of the matter is that OP had a question that was *not* in the FAQ and you got all angry about it. Saying that "other people are asking questions that are in the FAQ" doesn't have any bearing on OP's thread here.

I get it, I understand where all of your guys' frustration is coming from, but there's better ways to go about answering in threads like this than jumping down their throat.


A lot of newcomers see the tracking of this game and the amount of meny it is doing and are stressed about the limited Black Friday tiers.. The forum will calm down and get back to normal with time. Until then just skip those threads that ask the same question the 18th time and you will avoid +20 insanity
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Awaited King
msg tools
mbmbmb
Beyondscratch wrote:


A lot of newcomers see the tracking of this game and the amount of meny it is doing and are stressed about the limited Black Friday tiers.. The forum will calm down and get back to normal with time. Until then just skip those threads that ask the same question the 18th time and you will avoid +20 insanity



To late...
I've gained new disorder "Forum Defedner".
Suffer Frenzy every time you see a stupid or duplicate question
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Welch
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kurczaczekx wrote:
Beyondscratch wrote:


A lot of newcomers see the tracking of this game and the amount of meny it is doing and are stressed about the limited Black Friday tiers.. The forum will calm down and get back to normal with time. Until then just skip those threads that ask the same question the 18th time and you will avoid +20 insanity



To late...
I've gained new disorder "Forum Defedner".
Suffer Frenzy every time you see a stupid or duplicate question


Your continued presence on this thread calling me stupid for asking the same stupid question proves that your nothing more than a troll.

1. I looked for a half hour for other threads that would answer my question.

2. I looked through the FAQ for it without success

3. I didn't consider my question stupid if I'm going to dump $350 for a Kickstarter game I want to know exactly what I'm getting and thought others either didn't see the detail I did or would want to know as well.

4. I'm not a newcomer to BGG or the industry. I spoke the a rep at the GenCon KDM booth about the reprint and there is some conflicting info from what I was told would happen compared to what I see happening on the kind Kickstarter right now.

5. You my friend are funny talking about netiquette. I see ppl in here all the time asking questions that are clearly in the rulebook but I don't troll them I either try to help or move on.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone who uses the term "netiquette" and rages about people using forums for their intended use can piss off.


Unsub for a bit if questions bother you.


The KS page is a disaster for information on pledge levels and bonus items.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian C
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kurczaczekx wrote:
I don't have a heart to go on with this. I don't care anymore, there was another stupid question posted in a new thread just a minute ago and again the answer for which was in a thread that was in first five or so. So you know... no point.

People don't care about netiquette anymore, maybe I'm old and it's some next generation stuff. I'm not going to argue with you guys, but it used to be a forum where you could talk about game strategies, new expansions and possibilities, ideas and even philisophy.

Now every interesting thread was put down by multiple threads asking the same questions all the time.

Fine. Let's pretend it's what the forum is for.

Lol. If you allowed yourself some forethought, you'd have seen this coming.

What $4m KS campaign isn't going to generate a bunch of new-question threads? Are you a nob?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.