Popular Tags: [View All]
nathan hayden
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I just want to say how thankful I am to all of you that took a chance on this game without knowing very much about it. It means so much that you believed in the idea. The design objectives were incredibly difficult to reach for, and in combination of doing all that was needed art and production wise, we just truly were never sure we would be able to finish the game. At almost every moment, from the initial flickering of an idea until the cards were finally delivered, we just didn't know if we would finish this.

Being completely unsure if this could be completed, we were always prepared to refund the money if need be. Due to basic survival needs this came up often, and we were ready to move on if we had to.

We stuck to our goals and even found more interesting goals along the way. I will describe the game in another post, but do know that you funded a total creative adventure. The process was always demanding, yet completely interesting and informative. We learned so much, and I hope we made it understandable for everyone.

You took a shot in the dark and now the adventure is yours!

MANY MANY THANKS!

• [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Pawle
Ireland
Dublin
D9
flag msg tools
designer
Save keys to open doors...
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to YOU and all involved in creating this Nate!

Without seeing or playing it yet I have no doubt that this will be a masterpiece of mayhem.

Your back catalogue of games and the integrity you've shown through all stages of creating them has earned you a horde of fans eager to see what comes next.

I'm pretty sure you deserve a short break now!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
Man is most nearly himself when he achieves...
badge
We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
I had no belief at all in this game. I had and have a steadfast belief in Nate Hayden and the love he shows to his creations and for the gamers who enjoy them, too.

Now if you announced a quilting theme game, that, I admit would give me pause, but I would pre-order all the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff McLeod
United States
Montgomery
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are very welcome! I knew it would be something special. And I know the wait will be worth it. It's going on the table immediately, and we are all completely excited about learning all its dark secrets...

Thank YOU all at EEE for doing what you do!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm very pleased to have your games on my shelf! Keep up the good work and I'll keep patronizing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brother Jim wrote:
Now if you announced a quilting theme game, that, I admit would give me pause, but I would pre-order all the same.

How do you think all those Necromancer robes are made?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P.
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
"I went out to the hazelwood, because a fire was in my head..."
mbmbmbmbmb
When in need of more minions, I wonder if the Necromancers ever get together on a Wednesday night for a Quilting Gore-ing Bee?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Red Moss
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, thank you Nate.

You're the only designer whose games I'll pre-order sight unseen because of the obvious love you put into your designs, the complete unique themes that are exactly what I want in games, and your commitment to keep upping the quality of your output considering the small runs you put out.

Now, when can I get an EEE subscription? Just charge my credit card whenever you think you might have a new idea and then send it to me when you get it done. I'm patient.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay W
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cave Evil is one of those special few games I'll never part with. It's just perfect at what it does, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what you do next with Warcults. Count me in as another one who'll order everything you create, and thanks for all the fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukáš Rinka
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dragonblaster wrote:
I just want to say how thankful I am to all of you that took a chance on this game without knowing very much about it. It means so much that you believed in the idea. The design objectives were incredibly difficult to reach for, and in combination of doing all that was needed art and production wise, we just truly were never sure we would be able to finish the game. At almost every moment, from the initial flickering of an idea until the cards were finally delivered, we just didn't know if we would finish this.

Being completely unsure if this could be completed, we were always prepared to refund the money if need be. Due to basic survival needs this came up often, and we were ready to move on if we had to.

We stuck to our goals and even found more interesting goals along the way. I will describe the game in another post, but do know that you funded a total creative adventure. The process was always demanding, yet completely interesting and informative. We learned so much, and I hope we made it understandable for everyone.

You took a shot in the dark and now the adventure is yours!

MANY MANY THANKS!

Nate, although we´ve never met in real life, we did some communication together during past 4 (?) years. I´m quite suspicious to the strangers, especially when I have no chance to get them know personally and when money are involved.

That being said, you´ve got me with your passion and dedication to your projects, esp. Cave Evil. You´ve assured me that your primary interest is game and not money - not by words but by your actions! This is something what is sooo rare in todays world. For that, I would like to THANK YOU and make you sure you´ve earned a lifetime devoted necromonk always ready to throw some cash at you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bryan wills
United States
Wonder Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Nate,

Love Cave Evil and will love Warcults.

You are an evil genius!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grendel's Mother
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Brother Jim wrote:

Quilt Evil gives me no pause at all. It can be our Patchwork for the Ameritrash crowd of 2017.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Fuller
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's easy to support someone who clearly LOVES making these games that we all enjoy. You're a hell of a guy Nate and will always have our undying gratitude for putting the time and energy into creating these very unique experiences for all of us. Many thanks and a huge congratulations to you and all of your incredible creative friends and artists!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Logan B
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Nate!
Digging in last night! Can't wait to build a War Cult...or at the least get all these new cave dwellers mixed in to my cave evil decks and see what happens!

Now I just need a nice war chest to keep all the evil treasures ready for table time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Montgomery Mullen
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Received War Cults earlier this week, and let me thank YOU. I never got my hands on Cave Evil, but after I learned more about it, I absolutely had to be sure I wouldn't miss out on this one. More and more, I try to support the independent creators who are doing their own thing outside of the usual marketing constraints.

I love this project.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.