2 Posts

Fleet Wharfside» Forums » Variants

Subject: solo variant questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
msg tools
Hi!

Three quick questions for Mike about the solo variant:

1. When I reset the contract offer with a favor, do the market cards rotate when I refill like normal with contracts becoming more expensive in the process?

2. When the captains “claim” a 5 VP contract, they also snag the top favor card for extra VP. But if I pick a 5 VP contract for them at the beginning of the game, does that count as them “claiming” the contract?

3. Cabin Cruiser = captains earn VP from unused favors + you count King Crab?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Minor Weaver
Poland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
solo Wharfside favor details
I actually had some of the same questions. In terms of those 5 VP contracts for the captains, I play that me “picking” a 5 VP for the captains at the beginning is different from them later “claiming” one (based on a captain bonus) once the game begins. And so I don’t give them the 1 VP favor trophy at the start. But that’s just my literal interpretation of verbs in the variant’s rules and I could be wrong.

And then with the marketplace contract reset, I play that the market location cards don’t rotate as the three new contracts are drawn. But would be good to hear from Mike if that’s the right way to carry out that favor or else if the new contracts should become more expensive in the process.

Fantastic solo game, by the way. Every time I play it I’m blown away again by how Mike captured the pure essence of Wharfside while packing so many interesting decisions and fun conundrums into fourteen rounds of jockeying with the captains. Great stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.