Subject: Fully co-op variant? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabor Pivarcsi
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have received a mystery package last week, and it turned out to be this game, which I have totally forgotten. :-)

The component quality is very good, I really love how it looks, but unfortunately it is only semi-cooperative.

Are there any ideas to make this game fully co-op? I know it's designed to be a traitor game, but I'm pretty sure it can be tailored into full co-op.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Toystorian
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If one of the Player characters turns out to be the Killer you can still play as though they are not a traitor. The only issue with this is that it makes the game easier, since part of what makes the game hard to win is not knowing who to trust.

Please download the updated Rulebook for the most recent rules. We have added different levels of difficulty, since it was shipped, because a few new players to the game found it was too easy to get eliminated. And this turned beginning players off to the game. You can find the updated Rulebook here...

https://app.box.com/s/6lga04cg7wwe515l2oszqxjm8cul2bv2

The iOS & Android apps will be updated with the new Rulebook in December.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duke Javelin
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
It might hurt the balance a little bit but I think you could find a non player to pick the clues and assure the actual players that they are not Klien....I think it would work better with two or three player games or, in the way I intend to implement it on my first play with my older kids (who understand our first play of any game is more of a learning experience than an all out competition) as a way to introduce the game with a lot less concern with the betrayer elements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.