$35.00
Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Starting Survivors Miniatures Add-On Pack rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Blue Prophet
msg tools
Is there some reason Poots does not offer the 4 Starting Survivors as a stand alone add-on pack? That seems like a no-brainer as then you could buy and assemble as many versions of survivors as you'd like in combination with the equipment in the core box.

Or was this offered somewhere that I didn't notice?

I have watched the Kingdom Death phenomenon from a distance since the first Kickstarter and it has grown on me over time. I'm backing for a core game now because of the reviews and discussions I've read about the game.

I understand that all the equipment is available in the core game, but there are only the 4 starting survivor miniatures. So either you magnetize pieces (no way I'm doing that) or you are stuck with the one version of the survivors that you committed to making.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Perry
United States
Coral Springs
FL
flag msg tools
TWIST Gaming
mbmbmbmb
The armor sets make a unique mini themselves and don't go on the starting survivor.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Delinck
United States
Hobart
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Every set of equipment has its own survivor models. You'll have something like 26+ survivor models in the core game. The starting four survivors are just the four models that reflect the four starting survivors in the beginning of the game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Patrick
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
coolguitar7 wrote:
Is there some reason Poots does not offer the 4 Starting Survivors as a stand alone add-on pack? That seems like a no-brainer as then you could buy and assemble as many versions of survivors as you'd like in combination with the equipment in the core box.

Or was this offered somewhere that I didn't notice?

I have watched the Kingdom Death phenomenon from a distance since the first Kickstarter and it has grown on me over time. I'm backing for a core game now because of the reviews and discussions I've read about the game.

I understand that all the equipment is available in the core game, but there are only the 4 starting survivor miniatures. So either you magnetize pieces (no way I'm doing that) or you are stuck with the one version of the survivors that you committed to making.


The starting survivors are simply models in a set pose. The armor kits are put together any way you like which creates more survivors. They aren't armor you are just putting on the starting survivors. They create additional models that you use in place of the starting survivors if you wish. You can make a lot of very customized survivors just from the core game.

Selling the starting survivors as stand alone would simply give you duplicates of those 4 models.

If you look on the kickstarter page at the pictures of the different armor kits, those are just armor kit pieces and do not include any parts of the starting survivors. The armor kits are sprues of separate limbs with the matching armor pieces and weapons on it and you mix and match as you see fit.

I don't know if that answers your question or not. Some people mistakenly assume that the starting survivors are the basic building blocks and that the armor kits are simply put on top of or over the starting survivors.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Prophet
msg tools
Thank you that makes more sense now. I did picture armor being added to the base figures.

I do wonder why the armor sprues where not sold separately from the core game though. I think that would cut the cost down and then allowed even more customization for those willing to do it. I seem to recall reading several people on BGG wishing they could make more combinations of armor.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Patrick
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
coolguitar7 wrote:
Thank you that makes more sense now. I did picture armor being added to the base figures.

I do wonder why the armor sprues where not sold separately from the core game though. I think that would cut the cost down and then allowed even more customization for those willing to do it. I seem to recall reading several people on BGG wishing they could make more combinations of armor.

They sold armor sprues as a pack on the kingdomdeath.com site a month or so ago.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Demian
United States
Issaquah
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
coolguitar7 wrote:
Or was this offered somewhere that I didn't notice?




the Prologue sprue with the Starting Survivors, White Lion and Butcher was available at GENCON 2016 and not sold otherwise. I have a feeling this was because KD cannibalised core games to address user issues, sold core copies without miniatures (they call them "red dot") at GENCON and had "left over" sprues.



 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam newman

doncaster
south yorkshire
msg tools
mbmb
the armor sets are nice but i imagine most people wont take them off the sprues, its a lot of work to put that many miniatures together.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phoenix Butthole Hands
United States
Mercer Island
Wa
flag msg tools
mbmb
gorkel wrote:
the armor sets are nice but i imagine most people wont take them off the sprues, its a lot of work to put that many miniatures together.
I disagree, personally. This is more of a hobby than a straight board game, and the minis are such an intergal part of the look and feel of the game. You don't need to build them all at once, either. The starting survivors just have stone shards and cloth coming off of them. I doubt anyone who puts those minis together will forego building something more appropriate after playing the game for 50 hours
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phoenix Butthole Hands
United States
Mercer Island
Wa
flag msg tools
mbmb
timekilling wrote:
coolguitar7 wrote:
Or was this offered somewhere that I didn't notice?




the Prologue sprue with the Starting Survivors, White Lion and Butcher was available at GENCON 2016 and not sold otherwise. I have a feeling this was because KD cannibalised core games to address user issues, sold core copies without miniatures (they call them "red dot") at GENCON and had "left over" sprues.





He also released resin models of the starting survivors. I missed those but picked up recasts for the models that I ruined when I put them together (My first time using plastic cement).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.