$20.00
$5.00
Simon Barnes
United Kingdom
Leigh
Lancs
flag msg tools
Star Wars: Risk

So it's Risk right? Wrong. It's really a stripped down/streamlined Queen's Gambit but rethemed for Return of the Jedi and with a risk badge slapped on.

A comparison of The Black edition with the regular version can be found here. Let's just say it's pimped. There were 15 copies when my Camel, erm, grunted (?) and there are 12 now. I flubbed it and got £28.44

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hasbro-Star-Wars-Black-Risk/dp/B015...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Donohue
United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Non black edition is 13.99 too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Wheeler
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DonXIII wrote:
Non black edition is 13.99 too

Having only played (owned) the non-black edition, and looking at the components, I can't really see it being worth almost 3 times the money (without flubbing)

However, the non black edition is amazing. Yes the components are a little cheap, but that for me is one of it's appeals.

And it really is a great game. Quite tense, and I highly recommend it. Haven't found anyone yet who hasn't really enjoyed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Browne
United Kingdom
Loughborough
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just to let everyone know - the regular version is perfectly fine, but has awful component quality.

The Black Series isn't really a 'deluxe' version - it's merely 'normal'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Barnes
United Kingdom
Leigh
Lancs
flag msg tools
They're all gone now. It's back up to £45

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Barnes
United Kingdom
Leigh
Lancs
flag msg tools
So I flubbed it and took the offer and then uploaded the deal to here. Then they sold out and now I've been told my order won't be fulfilled as they're out of stock.

Dang.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Wheeler
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
simon_j_barnes wrote:
So I flubbed it and took the offer and then uploaded the deal to here. Then they sold out and now I've been told my order won't be fulfilled as they're out of stock.

Dang.

Ouch, I've been there many times.

I generally keep my mouth shut on those until it's dispatched!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
simon_j_barnes wrote:

That's utterly bizarre. I saw your post here, flubbed it and took the offer, and I've just had a dispatch notification today... what the hell? How do they decide which orders to honour and which to reject?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Barnes
United Kingdom
Leigh
Lancs
flag msg tools
Great, I feel... much better. Gnnnnngh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Wheeler
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe it's based on price/offer.

If they can buy it for £28 and one offer was £27 and one was £29, maybe they accept the £29?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Barnes
United Kingdom
Leigh
Lancs
flag msg tools
Not sure, my order with Flubit says: "You purchased this product for just
£28.44". But the status is "cancelled". The email says:
Quote:

We are very sorry that this happened, but unfortunately, somewhere between you receiving the offer and purchasing the offer, the merchant ran out of stock of the item.

We try to do our very best so that this doesn't happen and most of our merchants hold on to the product while your offer runs. Unfortunately, in this case this wasn't possible and the item is no longer available.

Your money is being returned to you right now please get in touch with us if you do not see your refund in your bank account within 3 working days.

I guess I'll just not post the deal on here until I have the product in my hands from now on. Once bitten.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.