$30.00
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Combat Commander, Up Front, Julius Caesar, Fields of Fire! The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Like a few other generous GG donors in the Feel the Love forum, I've also decided to give away 10 free avatars to the first ten avatar-less folks who post in this thread.

But, instead of just giving GG away to BGG users without avatars, I'm going to make you work for it.

devil

To get the 30GG required to buy an avatar you must bring us a shrubbery post one of the following as a reply in this thread:

1. The name of the last book (or graphic novel) you read, or
2. The name of the last musician/band/music you listened to, or
3. The name of your favourite (visual) artist.

You'll earn bonus 10 GG (that's a total of 40GG) if, in one sentence, you also tell me what you like about them.

(all gone ... thanks!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe H
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: 10 more free avatars! But, there's a catch ...
I don't need (or want) the geekgold but this sounds fun.

The last good I read was Born to Run by Bruce Springsteen. Bruce Springsteen is this Jersey boy's musical hero and I enjoyed leanrning about his journey from poor kid to musical superstar and father, his relationship with the his father and how it affected him and his own struggles with mental illness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Ivanovskis

Massachusetts
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I confess, I don't even know how avatars and/or GG work here, but I'm game (so to speak).

I'm listening right now to "Henry's Dream" by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds. I like this band a lot but am still working my way through the catalog, so I haven't heard this one before...but what I like about the band is the sense of theater/drama, Cave's poetical lyrics, and how the music can be explosive in one song, contemplative in the next.

So there you have it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Ivanovskis

Massachusetts
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Gordon
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is mighty kind offer. I've been on this site for awhile but have yet to figure most of it out (including the avatars). So thank you.

My last graphic novel was Serenity: Leaves on the Wind, which I liked because it picks up after the movie and shows where the future of the characters are going.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Yates
United States
Pekin
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The last book I read was 14. I like the book because it's about an apartment building where all of these crazy things are happening and there are strangely locked doors. Figuring out the mystery behind everything is interesting. If you want me to spoil the ending pm me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
luke o'reilly
United Kingdom
worthing
flag msg tools
Hi

The last musician I listened to was the tallest man on earth (song was pistol dreams)

in one sentence what I like about him is the rawness of his very lo fi production and intricate arpeggiated guitar parts - would recommend!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
5.13 D
United States
American Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So generous!

The last book (graphic novel) I read was White Sand by Brandon Sanderson. I like everything I've read from Sanderson, his voice and characters are unique in a great way. Vin from Mistborn is one of my favorite heroines. The magic systems and universe he's developed are also really compelling to me. Great read!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doc Rissel
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I'd love to take you up on your offer...

The last musician I've listened to was Tom Waits, and I love his music because he balances being an incredible storyteller and a gifted musician while singing in a growling style that resembles rust and whiskey scraping across broken glass.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doc Rissel
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And Ammolivi, I'm just now reading Mistfall by Sanderson and I'm quite enjoying both the writing style and what I feel is a unique take on magical powers in this fantasy world.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
5.13 D
United States
American Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you for the avatar!!

lordkiber wrote:
And Ammolivi, I'm just now reading Mistfall by Sanderson and I'm quite enjoying both the writing style and what I feel is a unique take on magical powers in this fantasy world.

Awesome! I hope you enjoy it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Feld Fan
United States
flag msg tools
DaveyJJ wrote:
... The name of the last musician/band/music you listened to...

I don't need the bag, but mine is TMBG... (great stuff!) cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Fletcher
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My favorite artist right now is Kevin O'Neil out of Cincinnati. I saw one of his paintings in a sandwich shop years ago and it was the only painting I ever saw and thought "I need to own that" (unfortunately it was already sold). In case anyone wants to check out his work http://www.kboartworks.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay White
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Similar to others that posted, I'm new to the site and haven't figured out the GG, avatars, etc. out yet. I'm quite appreciative of how generous some of the other users are on this site.

The last musician I listened to was Alan Gogoll. The reason I like his style of music is his finger style guitar method as well as his incredible use of harmonics in his songs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
filip de maesschalck
Belgium
lokeren
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Hanya Yanagihara. A little Life.
2. David Sylvian. Died in the wool.
3. Banksy.

All of them create unique universes in which it is always an adventure to explore....

a bit like playing boardgames actually
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Kamps
United States
Richmond
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. The last graphic novel I read was "Thor: Who Holds the Hammer?" I liked the art, but wish the new Thor was rather a new character. "Thora" perhaps?

2. Blink 182 "California". I don't mind their old vocalist's departure since I always preferred the back up vocalist anyway.

3. Joe Madureira is my favorite comic book artist, since his style looks both detailed, & uniquely stylishly animated at the same time.

Thank you for the opportunity & for your generosity!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Howard Dawson
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
Like others I'm new to all this from an active way and not even sure what the gig is with this gggold but good to start somewhere

last book read (ing) colour of magic - I've just started to reread all my Terry Pratchett novels again as its many years since I read them

went to see The Cult in concert last week- so good - first time I've seen a Tamborine used as a weapon

Favourite artist = Monet everything by him

They each brought colour to my life when I was a young teenager and had little happiness in my life and they have stayed with me all these years, still making me smile and remember and be grateful for what I have 30 years later
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Kamps
United States
Richmond
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you so much again! Happy Holidays & God bless!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KusHniR
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. The last book i read was "The Last Colony" by John Scalzi.
2. The last musician I have listened to is the latest podcast of Tiesto.
3. My favourite artist is Claude Oscar Monet.

I'm a fan of Sci-Fi and I think JS is one of the best author's that ever lived. I also like EDM music and I enjoy listing to Tiesto, and last but not least Monet's paintings make me feel calm and relexed.

Cheers !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Howard Dawson
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
thankyou so much - I am now avatared!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
luke o'reilly
United Kingdom
worthing
flag msg tools
Thank you. I now have an avatar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.