Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan
United States
Forsyth
Il
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hey everybody, I really could use some help. I've been trying to find the Target Exclusive edition for months now for my girlfriend. Originally planned to get it for her birthday, but couldn't get a hold on a copy. Now I'm aiming for Christmas with still no luck, even calling Target's online people.

I know the release date was back in July, but has anyone actually gotten their hands on it? Could anyone help me find it or get a copy?

Thanks!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Garner

Summerville
South Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check this thread out, it might answer your question.
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1655153/target-exclusive-ed...

It looks like you can order it from Target online.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI I ordered it from target online, they sent the first edition, so I call them up, sent it back and they sent the first edition again, they then said they would call me back and let me know what the problem was, that was a few months ago. lol I know other people have received it but I didn't have any luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Forsyth
Il
flag msg tools
mbmb
VaeVictis666 wrote:
FYI I ordered it from target online, they sent the first edition, so I call them up, sent it back and they sent the first edition again, they then said they would call me back and let me know what the problem was, that was a few months ago. lol I know other people have received it but I didn't have any luck.

Yeah, I've been hearing about this problem, so I'm hesitant to order it. There is also one one option for a King of Tokyo that I could see. That makes me think I'll get the old one. I also checked in store and they said the number on the online one matched the Version 1 they had in store. They didn't even have V2 either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
badge
In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been eyeing my local Target's shelves. The new edition has yet to turn up there. I asked a couple of managers [who just happened to both be hanging around] to check into when it will appear. Target online only features the new edition, and only the old edition appears on the shelf...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Thomas
United States
Murfreesboro
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep.
Fell for that myself.

I grabbed on off the shelf thinking it was the new one, but alas - it wasn't.

Fortunately, I noticed before I ripped it open.
Anyone need a new-in-shrink copy of King of Tokyo?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Forsyth
Il
flag msg tools
mbmb
My Target called another Target and found a copy for me! Now I just need to go on an hour long road trip haha

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robyn Z
United States
Worcester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They had the new version at the Target here in MA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Forsyth
Il
flag msg tools
mbmb
I found a whole bunch in Springfield IL!!!

And I think I solved the issue. For some reason, the Special (I assume 2nd edition too) and the original have the same item number. This is why they seem to end up interchangeable and only one version seems to exist online. So if they have enough old copies, they won't order more of that item number. So the Exclusive ones probably never got shipped to those Targets since it shows they already have enough of that item.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandino Jeppersen
msg tools
So you found the exclusive?

It's January 2017 and I'm running into this exact problem. Target by my house had old edition, so i tried Target.com and chose in-store pickup. I drove 30 minutes only to find out it was the old edition again, even though the image on the website is for the exclusive. From reading these forums, I am hesitant to try to order one online again for fear of receiving the old one again.

I actually sent an email to Iello games earlier complaining about the problem and posted a question on the items pages on target.com. I suspect if I gave customer service a call they would not be able to locate the correct version for me.

*Sigh*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandino Jeppersen
msg tools
i think i will try to call Targets around the area and ask them if they can look and see if it's the correct edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cornixt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Be ready with a description of the box cover!

I thought I'd look in my local Target at the weekend to see if they had the new one yet. One copy of the old one still on the shelf and that was it. Had to look carefully because the covers are pretty similar, but the robot bunny gave it away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
redlion64 wrote:
Hey everybody, I really could use some help. I've been trying to find the Target Exclusive edition for months now for my girlfriend. Originally planned to get it for her birthday, but couldn't get a hold on a copy. Now I'm aiming for Christmas with still no luck, even calling Target's online people.

I know the release date was back in July, but has anyone actually gotten their hands on it? Could anyone help me find it or get a copy?

Thanks!!!

Order from Target online they have them all over the place check with your zip to see if any are nearby otherwise they will ship it to you.
It should also have a Target Exclusive sticker on it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.