Subject: DotZ 3rd edition or Zombicide Black Plague and why? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
MICHAEL MCGUIRE
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Want to get a good co-op Zombie game to play with my wife. We have Dead of Winter and Dead of Winter The Long Night.
Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly B
Finland
Vantaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want run and gun, almost an arcade like feel to zombie killing without a ton of brain burn then look no further than Black Plague. If you want something much deeper that will kick your butt and brain then Dawn of the Zeds is a worthy contender.

Don't get me wrong, Dawn of the Zeds isn't too complex but comparing the two DotZ will feel deeper than Black Plague.

I like both but they satisfy VERY different itches.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dawn of the Zeds seems to me a much deeper and more interesting game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ROGER DEAL
United States
Oak Ridge
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
mbmbmbmbmb
Both are good games. Like the fellows said - Dawn Of The Zeds is more complex and deeper. Zombicide is more "beer & pretzels" but with a TON of fan support and mods.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian C
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would recommend Zombicide if your wife isn't really a gamer, but likes to hang out with you while you game. Also, if you have a gaming group that likes to drink/smoke while playing, or are half-watching a game on tv at the same time.

If you guys really get into gaming though, I don't think there's any comparison: DoTZ is a meaty game that will reward you over continued plays, as you begin to understand the game and how the storyline elements that may or may not be in the game this time will change how everything plays out; where Zombicide is a lot of fun the first few times you play it, but gets dull quickly.

My 2c.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.