I walked into Hex B8 again
Well, if you ask that's what I'll say
I was afraid waiting for a melee might go the other way
I guess I'd like to be alone
With no units broken, no satchel charges thrown
Just don't ask me how it went
Just don't ask me why you wasted your ambush cards
Just don't ask me what the time track says

Another rip roaring session on Scenario 9. Tremendophelese, this a corker! Too tired for an AAR except to say that Lt. Wray finally met his maker thanks to Cpt Wehlings brave proactive advance to quell the mounting threat on the 2 level hill in the corner where I had the house secured, safely out of sight. The wife was worrying where she would claw back the 20 odd points she was down, me, I was keeping quiet, knowing full well that I couldnt find the cards I wanted, and was susceptible to a huge overstacked advance bomb which could have wiped out Wehlings lot, plus taken the objective, and then walked off exit points, pretty much covering the entire points deficit, with time sauntering down the track like the lazy sunday stroll of an old gimmer. Events were flying thick and fast, snipers in B10 and C10 eliminated one of my squads who had been sent to the kitchen to make some bratwurst. A veteran promotion put in place, Lucas the Hero arriving and rallying on the slope up to the key house, Sgt Smith back from the dead but chose to spring up under the floorboards in Objective 2, surrounded by germans. Why my wife chose to use 3 ambush cards in a vain and failed attempt to keep the rogue Smith only she will know, but at this point, Wehling made the decision to wade in against famous Lt Wray and unleash hell, a melee advantage with initiative, and so it proved. Points lead padded, objective conceded though but so many cards flipped that time had zipped along while everything was happening and it was over.
As always, utterly fantastic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice confusing poem !!

And gorgeously clipped counters ! What did you use for that, BoJack?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasey Walker
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
Been a long time since I've heard that song, lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Shockley
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now I'm imagining Suzanne Vega hunched over a map and counters ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chicklewis wrote:
Nice confusing poem !!

And gorgeously clipped counters ! What did you use for that, BoJack?

It's the Oregon laminate corner rounders, the older sort that are quite hard on the hands, I got both but can't recall if I used the 2mm or 3mm version here. I've ordered by subliminal reference for xmas via the that I want the deluxe version 2.5mm, I think that looks more comfortable, also avoids the occasional misclip I've experienced with the standard ones (most often when clipping the weapon size counters )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
I use the deluxe 2.5mm version for all my clipping now. Absolutely love it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Olsen
Denmark
Ringsted
Danmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2mm deluxe here. It looks amazing. It is a bit subtle on the 5/8'' counters, but as said, absolutely amazing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And to think all this time I have been using nail clippers! I immediately ordered a 2 mm version after watching a video. Thanks so much for the info!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Fardette
United States
Canandaigua
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magnus Maximus wrote:

Now I'm imagining Suzanne Vega not hunched over a map and counters... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Hey, Joe! Got any live ones!?", (but Joe had no grenades). The tank rumbled nearer. Johnny stuffed explosives into his gloves, burrowed deep in the muck and waited; then deftly slapped them into a greasy tread axle and spun for cover; snap-firing...
mbmbmbmbmb
jfardette wrote:
Magnus Maximus wrote:

Now I'm imagining Suzanne Vega not hunched over a map and counters... whistle
thumbsup Thanks for that, wait, awww-no...

Now I'm imagining Suzanne Vega holding deluxe 2.5mm clippers, hunching and un-hunching over a map with brand spanking new counters...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.