Scott Mohnkern
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got my copy today. Yay!

Two questions,

There are arrows on the common cards, are these orientation arrows meaning cards always get played with the arrows pointing the same direction?

Can I place a card so an umbrella symbol touches a wall? It wouldn't score obviously, but I didn't see a rule saying you couldn't do that, and you'd have to with a closed wall biergarten on the table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lauren Sallwasser

St. Louis
Missouri
msg tools
I know we answered your question via Kickstarter, but just in case anyone else is wondering, yes, the orientation arrows should always be pointing up. Also, you can absolutely play an umbrella symbol against a wall, and creating a walled garden is exactly the reason why you might want to. There are only two rules about playing a card: you can't rotate it (arrows should point up) and you can't place it diagonally against another card. Anything else is fair game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mohnkern
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ånd one more....

When I place a wild adjacent to an umbrella, does it score one or two barrels? (Or does it depend on whether the non wild umbrella is two
different umbrellas or just one color.)

Plus it counts for the four color bonus.

But it doesn't count for the continuous sets bonus.

Scott
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lauren Sallwasser

St. Louis
Missouri
msg tools
A wild is only ever worth a one-point match, whether or not the card you're matching it to has one or two colors. And you are correct, a wild card does count towards the four color bonus, but it does *not* count for the continuous set bonus, and it will break any continuous set of umbrellas that it is in the middle of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.