7 Posts

Orléans: Trade & Intrigue» Forums » General

Subject: Order markers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christy Love
msg tools
mbmb
I wish they had included some components to ease the use of the 'order cards'.

When playing with orders, it's somewhat hard for correlate the order card to the city on the board. Since I also own the Invasion expansion, I had been using the 'white neutral markers' on the board to show which cities had outstanding orders. This was helpful, but the markers still seemed to be too tall.

I decided to make my own matching indicators. I had some unpainted wooden cubes and painted them different colors. I then cut them in half since I still felt they were too bulky/big. Now, I have pieces to place on the order card and a matching color to place on the city.

Some of you will have some spare cubes, discs or something for this. I did not so I made my own.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Helmer
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We actually started doing this in last night's games. Made a big difference. I'm also thinking of enlarging the scrolls containing the town names to double the size and mounting it on removable sticker paper... They are just too tiny on the map
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christy Love
msg tools
mbmb
Oh... duh! You just made me think of a better idea... card stands. We find ourselves always lifting the cards to double check the good needs. So, I'm considering either using plastic card stands (either pre-colored or something I can paint) or using wooden card slots (painting and cutting them down to hold one card... or just using one long one and paint sections). Stay tuned...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Helmer
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Part of our solution to the problem of locating Orders in Trade & Intrigue, and for ease of reading place names in the regular game. The larger scrolls are 100% bigger than the original board graphic - after trial and error I decided they were too large for the smaller cities, but perfect for the capital namesake, Orleans. The smaller scrolls look are 50% larger, and look great on the board. Printed on Removable Sticker Paper, cut and stuck over original scrolls, with no danger of board damage

Still haven't decided if I like the orange discs or grey cylinders to mark Order places on the board. Also thinking of numbering them and having a matching corresponding number on a second disc/cylinder by the Order cards themselves, similar to the idea of Christy's colour-coded blocks.

Here is the file link for the scrolls

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/140530/enlarged-orleans-c...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christy Love
msg tools
mbmb
Mondoron wrote:

Part of our solution to the problem of locating Orders in Trade & Intrigue, and for ease of reading place names in the regular game. The larger scrolls are 100% bigger than the original board graphic ....Printed on Removable Sticker Paper, cut and stuck over original scrolls, with no danger of board damage

Very nice solution, Neil. This would actually be helpful with the Invasion expansion. With some of the modules from that expansion, certain actions are needed in specific cities. I may implement this as well. Thanks for sharing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Helmer
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

new numbered tokens and mounted Order Board
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christy Love
msg tools
mbmb
Mondoron wrote:

new numbered tokens and mounted Order Board

Very, very nice! Way more polished solution than mine! I like that you have space on your order board to gather the goods taken out of the game once an order is complete. I'm definitely going to use your magnified city name solution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.