Elliot Ruhland
msg tools
Hi everyone! As I said I got the wrong cards with my US version of the game. I already emailed Stonemaier to have cards replaced but I have a question. I just got the Tuscany: EE expansion and wanted to play a solo game. In the V:EE rule book it says that some of the cards have a "T" on them to signify that they're for the Tuscany expansion, yet none of my cards have a "T" that I can see. Also, the actions from the extended board don't seem to be in the Automa deck anywhere (no different colors for actions).

So one, where is the "T" supposed to be on the card? And am I unable to play solo at this point since I don't seem to have the right cards? Seems odd that even though the cards are in a different language they don't seem to have the Tuscany actions on them.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Elliot: I've heard a few reports of this. I'm hoping it's not widespread, as I didn't see it in the advance copy I approved from our manufacturer. The cards in the English version are supposed to be the English cards, and it looks like our manufacturer swapped in German cards by mistake in some of those copies.

If you plan to use the Automa, just fill out our replacement parts form and we'll send you the correct deck: http://stonemaiergames.com/replacement-parts/

That's actually important in this case, because the German company that publishes Scythe didn't realize that it was important to have the Tuscany actions on those cards, hence the missing T icon. That icon is not missing on the English cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliot Ruhland
msg tools
jameystegmaier wrote:
Elliot: I've heard a few reports of this. I'm hoping it's not widespread, as I didn't see it in the advance copy I approved from our manufacturer. The cards in the English version are supposed to be the English cards, and it looks like our manufacturer swapped in German cards by mistake in some of those copies.

If you plan to use the Automa, just fill out our replacement parts form and we'll send you the correct deck: http://stonemaiergames.com/replacement-parts/

That's actually important in this case, because the German company that publishes Scythe didn't realize that it was important to have the Tuscany actions on those cards, hence the missing T icon. That icon is not missing on the English cards.

Thanks Jamey! I actually filled out that form about a week or so ago so hopefully the English cards will be coming in the next week or two. Thanks for verifying that the German cards are missing the "T" on them. Guess I'll have to wait to play solo with Tuscany:EE until the new cards get here. I was able to play the base game solo with a little help from the pictures on the cards and google translate haha Love the game btw!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Carter
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to both Jamey and Elliot for the thread and the link (and the game, Jamey!)

My automa cards are German as well, at first I thought it was multilingual cards but then realized it was strictly German.

Putting in that request for the English! (EE here, too, so hopefully I'll be able to use the Tuscany bits once I have the localized cards!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys! I appreciate you letting me know. Fortunately it doesn't appear to be a widespread issue, just a few packing mistakes by the factory. You should receive the replacements within 7-10 days, though the mail is a bit slow this time of year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.