Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Tudor
United States
Detroit
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you use a movement skill, does that interrupt and cancel your remaining free movement points?

For example, in "Hunting the Tigress," if a character that has 3 movement points as his base movement, performs a successful leap with 2 movement points, does he have 1 remaining movement point? Or does using the skill interrupt and cancel remaining movement?

Until I have an answer, I have house-ruled that movement skills are considered part of movement itself, and therefore do not interrupt a movement action. Essentially, you'd get to perform the remaining movement after the leap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ze Masqued Cucumber
France
flag msg tools
Protze et Chniaque !
badge
C'est le Gomazio à crête mordorée, dont le cri annonce le soir...
mbmbmbmbmb
Movement skills (all that use mvt points, such as leap, wall wrecker, etc) do not interrupt movement. They're part of it.

Edit: That's not explicit in the rules but seems quite obvious/logical to me. YMMV.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Roolz wrote:
Movement skills (all that use mvt points, such as leap, wall wrecker, etc) do not interrupt movement. They're part of it.

Edit: That's not explicit in the rules but seems quite obvious/logical to me. YMMV.

FWIW, that seems to be the general consensus of the forums (but it's not quite unanimous (as nothing ever is!)).

My interpretation is that the movement skills simply modify movement actions as they are happening. e.g. Wall Wrecker allows one, during movement, to spend extra movement points (whether "free movement" or not, or a combination of both) to perform the skill.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.