Subject: Year 3 Cards (Spoilers) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fred Jandt
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Does Harry's Year 3 ability kick in every time a control token is removed from a location or only on his turn? And does the player with Harry decide where the lightning goes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aimee Wood
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have been playing that yes, it kicks in on anyone's turn (but only once per turn), and that the player with Harry decides where it goes. Although almost always it is to the current player so it can be played as soon as possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It terms of rules, Aimee is correct.

In terms of strategy, I mildly disagree. If it is reasonably certain that Ron will not be stunned before his next turn and he has two attacks in hand, I often give the attack to him to help him get to three. Active player would be my second choice. There are always exceptions of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moo Cow
msg tools
mb
I also often toss it to the next player in line if I've defeated or am going to defeat a villain so that if someone really bad comes up at the end of my turn, they have the option of getting that attack on them instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some things for Harry to consider when figuring out who gets his ZOT!

1: Does Ron have enough ZOT!s to trigger his ability? If not, and +1 will change that... Ron gets it.

2: Would the current active player benefit from +1 ZOT! ?

3: If the current player has already defeated a villain, would the NEXT player benefit from the ZOT! more? That would have the same effect as giving it to the current active player with the added bonus that the next villain can be the target instead.

4: Will the person you give the ZOT! to possibly be Stunned before being able to use it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.